Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fearing the season is coming to an end for us in michigan. :( Temps yesterday were in the middle 30's. Today mid to upper 30's and forecasted for that for the remainder of this week. It's just going to kill our snow in the lower ! I think the upper may survive but even the people up there are going to be flirting with the freezing mark.

On a good note, Most of the snow this year has come from LES which means a lighter fluffier snow so perhaps these warmer temps will compact the snow and push it down. ( if we can keep it ).

It just can't be over ! Wait Wait, I'm NOT DONE YET ! [attachment=33777:post_203...67515113.gif]

P.S -[attachment=33778:snow.gif] Storm brewing for the weekend with a rain/snow mix for us in mid-michigan but hopefully some good snow to the North as I don't mind traveling at all.

Snow4

·
Registered
629 Posts
Same hear for us, +1 yester day, already +3 today and on sunday they are calling for +6 with rain oh well at least I broke 1000km. Could be worse Sudbury did not even open this year, I still can’t believe that.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
please note as soon as snofrog had his new engine in it began to snow. Also note as soon as I started to lose a piston it began to warm up..... anyone want to help me rebuild? lol

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
We're in panic mode here in North Bay too. Most of the trails were finally getting nice, and pretty much all of them were at least doable (though I did destroy a new set of 8" carbides on the weekend) but we've got so little snow that one day of +0 temps will kill it, and we're riding that line this week, with forcasted highs just below zero all this week.

Keep your fingers cross!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wouldn't panic just yet!
Looks like the temps are going back down abit, the weather channel keeps changing the long range so it now looks a bit better, no real snow in the near future but temps are staying down so its better than nothing. Bad season all around if I must say ,the area of Bruce seams to have the best conditions this year, I can see us all fighting for the few good trails left come late Feb. We will see more snow come late Feb and that should keep the trails good into March.
I usually stay out untill last week of March or first week of April and this is when I do most of my trail miles so please don't even talk about the trails closing!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
We are done in the Fargo area...

I got one solid afternoon in locally...most of it on rivers...84 whole miles this year! :whatever:

·
Registered
347 Posts
we just got steller snow condiotions to. now its 37 degrees!!!! we have a nice ice base thats a solid 2 inches thick with a good 1ft of snow for a base. so as long as that stays we are good. dont give up yet guys. we still have atlkeast 5 more weeks worth of riding time left in the season. we will get more snow. i know it!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
46 degrees and sunny here yesterday and it never droped below freezing last night. We lost A TON of snow and with mid to upper 30's this week and mid 40's for Sunday, it doesn't look good. We just had the best trail base this area has seen in years, it will most likely be gone by the weekend.

I am a man, but I am crying inside.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Western NY is the same. I had snow up to my knees last weekend and that is amazing for my area. Snow two feet and deeper just south in the snow band areas and the trails were great, no grooming, but great. Now its currantly 40F and I'm hiding all the rope and sharp objects. I finally got my wife into the sport and she only got two rides in.

It was heaven w/ all the temps in the teens, but it had to come to an end sometime.

So Winter lasted a good month here!! :cussing: Glad we got something, but what the f dude...a month?!!! :bash:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
i've been riding so much since we got dumped on that i'm almost sick of riding. :undercover: and we still have the frozen bay to ride at least until the beginning of april........ :slick: is it possible to become sick of snowmobiling? :crazy:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Go check John dees forecast

and RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to get your panties in a bunch :sly:

·
Registered
980 Posts
i've been riding so much since we got dumped on that i'm almost sick of riding. :undercover: and we still have the frozen bay to ride at least until the beginning of april........ :slick: is it possible to become sick of snowmobiling? :crazy:[/b]
Its good for you guys, it sucks for us. The snow event for North is going to be torrential rains for us.

So sad, a 3 week winter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hear you guys, we finally got dumped on last week, too much for me to try to break trail, our groomer broke down (threw a track), I finally got out sat. night there were so many solid drifts in the trails it really wasn't fun, I took my boyfriend out with all of us (he rode my little brothers XC 600) and he ran into the back of me and shattered my tail light :slick: not too big of a deal but we were riding with a guy whos tail light didnt work why couldn't he have ran into the back of him?! But I got to ride so I shouldnt be complaining but I think this weekend will be our last and I have to work :( I am now having second thoughts about buying a new one next season though....

·
Registered
338 Posts
I hear ya.. it has been around 50 here in Wyoming all week.. However I did check and our riding area got over a foot of new snow last night... Gues where I will be tommorow??
cough cough.. I think I'm ill... I actually have the next 6 days off... so I won't have to call in sick..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Come up to AK, rent a sled and lets go riding!! It was a balmy -2*F this morning. Still lots of snow (4-5'+) in the hills. We had about 10 days of 40*F with wind a couple of weeks ago which iced everything up around the house. It is getting pretty well set up so not much powder riding now, but we will be riding into May more than likely. We usually get another foot or two in March. If we get it again this year, conditions will be excellent! w00t

·
Registered
204 Posts
I do belive Michigan rideing is over. I finshed out the night,was suspost to be the last big ride of the year....I made a whole 87 mile's in 5 hour's...not the way I wanted to end the season. I final fixed my sled(bought last month been haveing lot of problems) and got the suspension set the way I wanted,lift's the ski's to heaven and jump for a mile. I am sad to say I think we are out of snow and the total mile's are set at 1400 since 2nd week of january. I know I have more mile's than some,but most of these mile's were done with blown shock's and sticking powervalve's(that's no fun) I wish I could get just 1 more GOOD ride in....like 300-400 mile's or maybe even more. LET'S HOPE FOR MORE SNOW. It feel's like camp when you were a kid,you just never thought it would end and before you know it your saying GOODBYE and it's all over. My heart is sad as it dosn't seem like snowmobileing is like it used to be. Any one else feel this way ?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Here in central Newfoundland we have yet to have 1 snowstorm. We have yet to have more than 2 snow falls accumulating more than 10cm of snow. We haven't had a snow fall exceeding 1cm in the last MONTH. The temperatures are well bellow freezing, too cold to snow. However, when it does warm up, the last time we got half a cm of snow, and freezing rain. If it weren't for the groomers, snowmobile season has not begun yet. I certainly don't want it to end before it begins, lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts