Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 800 mxz ive had it to 180 kms my buddie has a 1999 mach1 i smoke him out of the hole but he catches me on top speed would like to get around 200km what could i do clutch gearing any comments.totally stock.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Buy a MachZ, seriously! There is no replacement for displacement! No clutching or gearing of a stock twin will match a triple on top end. Sorry, I did'nt make the rules, the third cylinder did!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I agree, the Mach is a Lake runner, Built for wide open throttle and long flat runs.

Your sled is built for trail running. You can't have both worlds.

Triple tuned pipes, fireing every 120' deg., clutched for high RPM, ect. Sorry, but not much you can do to keep your sled up to the Mach on a lake and stay reliable. You can Mod it out, but forget about trail running it ever again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've read lots of toppics on the 800mxz here and never herd of a twin going that fast. good luck

·
Registered
229 Posts
ZIPPAR, the Mach 1 probabably has 2-5 HP on you and that's why he's passing you on top end. You could go with a larger top sprocket (1-2 teeth) but your buddy could do the same if you start holding those leads.
Ryan 001, I'll give you the Thundercat in most cases, but ZRT 800's don't consistently smoke Mach Z's. They're too close in weight and horsepower, so the better maintained and better tuned sled of either brand will be the winner. A properly maintained Mach 1 will even beat a poorly treated Mach Z or ZRT 800. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Install an old C-7 rear suspension and pick up 5-10mph. The  SC-10II is tall with track angles that creates alot of resistance.
Talked to the mechanic that installed it and he spoke of 120mph on the gun.
Still not quite fast enough for a well tuned MACH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts