Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are trying to get a longtrack under my buddies everest 500 so he can follow behind our modern day big bores. WE have located a stock 136 inch track from a newer arctic cat. Can we make this track fit using the skidoo drivers? Is it easy to change to a driver that will work? For example can we use cat drivers on the doo driveshaft? It is only a 3/4 lug track so clearance is not a problem. Any all and help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not sure about the drivers, but you should be able to tell fairly easy by taking a few measurements with a set of vernier calipers of the Doo shaft and comparing that to the inside of the Cat drivers. How wide was the Everest track? Before you get too involved drop the Everest suspension inside the Cat track and check that the sliders, idlers, rear idlers all run where they should. May or may not need to do some mods to the suspension. When I was younger thought the Everest looked awesome! It still does. Of course you will need to gear and clutch accordingly if it works. Let us know. Great to see some of the older stuff out riding. My Dad had a 76 440 Rupp Nitro. Wish I had it now! But that's another issue. LOL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Speaking of old sleds my brother bought a new cat every 2 years in the mid seventies. First a panther 5000, than a eltigre 5000, then a pantera, then another eltigre 6000 - my Dad had a TNT 340 for us kids to ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts