Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend was a total right of in bancroft and area.  It was pure ice.  

I went riding with my mach and 7 other guys.  My Mach and a Formula 700 w/dpm had really high temps due to the lack of snow.  

The machine was almost overheating and when i looked the exchangers looked almost dry.  But it was making a attempt at keeping cool.  

The problem is that the guy with the 700 likes to just cruise slow somtimes under 50km and even in powder the temp gauge starts to climb into the uncomfrtable area.  

i would also not mind not having to worry about overheating when driving slow with other people.  

I heard of this stuff called Water Wetter sold by Red line.  They claim 30 degrees cooler and better heat transfer properties.  

Has anyone put this in a sleds cooling system.  I think im going to try it.  But if anyone did it can you please tell me how much i should use and how much of a diffrence it made.  

If this doesnt work i might buy a 380 fan for weekends like this.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I have heard that water wetter   works very well in a sled. I put a temp guage on my 670 this year, and noticed that if you drive too slow on hardpack (or too long for that matter) the snow won't get kicked up into the exchangers. That causes the heating, of course. All you can do is avoid the "ice" situation for extended rides...pull off into the powder to cool her down...also...if your sled is overheating, your sliders must be melting as well...thus creating friction and damaging the internal components of yoru track..which can lead to very expensive fixing....   :!!:

·
Registered
980 Posts
I put it in, but never rode the sled before I did, so i don't know how much it helped. Can't hurt anyway. I used 1/3 of a bottle.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also where did you buy it.  

I found it in the states from summit racing but dont want to pay for shipping.  But if i have to ill probably just wait till i got to order somthing for the Z28 and get it that way.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Local speed shop carries it. Just phone redline and they'll give you a local dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts