Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own an 01 800 xcsp.  I had it totally rebuilt after an accident about a month after I had it.  It runs very good.  I replaced the track to 1 1/4 inch this year.  I would also recommend getting dual carbide skis to get rid of the darting.  If you can wait a year or two I would see what Polaris comes out with to match the Rev.  Other than that i love the sled.  Keeps on runnin.  If you can find an 02 it will have the variable exhaust with a few more ponies.  The 01 is really tough to pull over.

Last edited by RNM2399 at April 09, 2002, 2:39pm

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an 01 and an 02.

The 01 had a flat spot between 5200 and 6200.

I've had it punched out to 875 and added pipes and V Force reeds. Got rid of the mid range flat but now initial throttle up to 5000 is slow. The dealer was fiddling with it till we ran out of snow last week. He says it is running strong but I won't have a chance until next season now to try. The 01 doesn't have piston compression relief holes that's why they pull hard. I like the way this sled handles but I have a 99 Edge proto type rear suspension in it not the stock one.

The 02 has much better low and mid range response.

I have the Edge suspension in it and I like the handling of the 01 better.

I have a friend with an 01 and his responds very well and is quite fast.

I also have a friend that buys a new sled every year in northern Wisc right near the western edge of the U.P. He has a red 02 Xpackage with 600 graphics for sale with the 800 RMK engine. Two weeks ago it was only showing 368 miles on the odometer. He is asking $6,000.00 U.S. for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am selling my 01 XC 800,
-2500 miles
-144 1" studs with red nylon backers
-Yellow screen kit, bumper, and snow skirts
-Boyesen power reeds
-Bottle boost
-Extra polaris belt, new plugs
-Electric plug in for HJC shield
-Polaris edge cover
-Warrenty till October 2002
-Will help with shipping
-$7000 CDN

I have also changed the clutch weights to 66grams, and went down one jet size. It realy flies out of the corners now. I can
send a pic if you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I forgot to mention my friends Red O2 that's for sale has the 1 1/4 " lugged track.

These sleds need more traction than the standard 1" lugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts