Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Any chance anyone has a snowmobile trailer (single place would be fine) in the Denver, CO area that I could borrow? I bought a sled up in Steamboat Springs and have no way of getting it back to my place. Yes, I know that eventually I will need my own, but I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a 1 or 2 place trailer, and just want to get this sled back to my house in the mean time.

By the way, I think I'd be looking to borrow it this weekend (Feb 9th-11th...going to turn this into a weekend trip and ski up there too).

Thanks for any/all help you can give me,
Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not trying to toot their horn but this is what I bought last year to haul a sled...

Check out your local HARBOR FREIGHT Store
COLORADO SPRING,CO 2835 E. FOUNTAIN BLVD. 719-442-6414
DENVER WEST, CO 8601 SHERIDAN BLVD 303-412-0312
DENVER,CO 13668 E. ALAMEDA 303-340-5889
FORT COLLINS,CO 105 PROSPECT RD #B 970-498-8500
GRAND JUNCTION,CO 3210 I-70 BUSINESS LOOP 970-523-3481
GREELEY, CO 2430 W. 10TH ST. 970-356-3677
LITTLETON, CO 10251 W BOWLES AVE STE A New Store!
PUEBLO,CO 621 W. 6TH ST. STE. #A 719-583-8900

they sell a 4x8 trailer that'd do the trick.... $199.99, add a 4x8 sheet of ply wood for 22 bucks...
or buy the built trailer w/ wood for like $299... Sometimes they have that stuff on sale..
search trailer on their site

http://www.harborfreight.com/
can order online and pick up in store....
search trailer.....

I bought a Trailer last year for $179.00 plus tax... to haul my Sled...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, I'd heard about the trailers from Harbor Freight. This is the one I'm looking at:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=90154

Any idea how well they are actually built? Most of the stuff that Harbor Freight sells isn't built all that well, and the last thing I want to happen is for the trailer to fall apart while I'm driving down the road.[/b]
that is simialar to the one I bought..... obviously to fold it you must take off the decking....

It works well...
It's not a Drive on Drive off snowmobile trailer but simple to use....
My sled has reverse and I made a Ramp... so it's simple...
But fairly good quality....
Take care of it and it'll do the trick...
you're not getting a trailer to haul a 2000 lb car..... Use at least some 3/4" plywood...
and none of that particle board or osb #### and you'll be golden./..
it'll hold a 400-600 lb snowmobile and some gear for a weekend trip just fine....

When i take only one sled or move my lawn tractor I always use the harbor freight trailer..
The only complaint I"ve had with it was When I went down a powerline service road once It was really Bouncy and one of my bags flew off...
Not tied down well... more my fault that the trailers....
to tell you the truth my enclosed 3 sled trailer doesn't ride much better....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not a Drive on Drive off snowmobile trailer but simple to use....[/b]
The one I posted a link for says "Bed tilts all the way to the ground for easy loading." Would that allow me to drive a sled onto it, or would slamming it back down from the weight of the sled completely ruin the trailer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The one I posted a link for says "Bed tilts all the way to the ground for easy loading." Would that allow me to drive a sled onto it, or would slamming it back down from the weight of the sled completely ruin the trailer?[/b]
lift you skis onto it and then push it...
it only sits 12 - 15" off the ground...
its a one man job...
back into a snowbank... that'll level the ground with the trailer..
tilt the back down 15" would tilt the front up 3 feet...

my experience with tilt trailers like that is you don't wanna ride onto them... it;s kind of scary....

If I can put my 91 jag in the back of my truck 35" off the ground by myself the 15" into that trailer should be no prob..
my sled weighs 500 lbs but you are not lifting all the weight...
just the front or just the back....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, this is going to sound like a dumb question, but how long is a sled (specifically, an Arctic Cat M7 w/ a 153" track)? Someone told me that it's 130" from tip of ski to end of track, but that sounds really long to me. Can anyone confirm/deny that? I'd rather not put an 11' long sled on an 8' trailer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
130" is the correct length. Go to Arctic Cat dot com and look under sleds and then past sleds for the specifications of the older models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I don't know how many times I've looked at that page and never seen the "Length x Width" stats on there. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts