Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Whats your oppinion about wich snowmobile-boots that is the warmest on the market. Me myself is using a pair of Altimate and they are fairly good, but not that Im impressed, getting cold ones in a while. Let me know. If u like u could ad a link to dealers and so on. Thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
Rocky Snow Stalker Extremes.
Tested by me to -30 degrees F in the UP... It was so cold my water bottle in the inside pocket of my leather jacket froze solid, but my feet were still warm. This was the only time in my life I felt I was having signs of hypothermia, but the boots were still doing good.
The good thing about them is you can wear them when it's warmer out too without having your feet sweat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My problem has always been not having a boot that was too warm especially with the old Polaris sleds that had running board coolers. Even with my current sled enough heat comes out of the foot wells to keep my feet toasty.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have a pair of Baffin Technology. They are very warm. I think they are rated to -100C.

very comfortable also. Just a bit bulkier than snowboard boots

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have and like the Trukke boots,......Mostly because they have good ankle support..(I have week ankles from riden dirtbikes, and yes I sucked and crashed). They are very warm boots and I am happy with them.

To add to DOO RIDER, my brother has a pair of the Baffins and he swears up and down about them. He always complained how cold his feet would get deer hunting and when he switched to them he complains of having hot feet. So if you want warm, baffin is the way to go.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by unisoldier@Nov 10 2004, 09:59 PM
Hi!
Whats your oppinion about wich snowmobile-boots that is the warmest on the market. Me myself is using a pair of Altimate and they are fairly good, but not that Im impressed, getting cold ones in a while. Let me know. If u like u could ad a link to dealers and so on. Thanks
[snapback]362209[/snapback]​
The Sorel Glacier works great for us.
The coldest weather we've been in was last year in Wawa -42 f. when our sled melted down and we were delayed on the Magpie for 2 hours. Our feet didn't get too cold but our faces did, untill we put our helmets back on !! Buuurrrrrr.... :christmas:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I have a pair of Baffin Impacts for Ice fishing that are rated down to -145 F, but they are a little bulky for aggressive riding, So I bought another pair of Baffins just for riding. They are rated down to -100f I believe but I cant recall the model of those ones, they are also much less bulky and a real good feel when riding. If you happen to have a Normans store in your area, check there. They are a distributor for Baffin and have the lowest prices that I could find on Baffin boots. The Baffin Impacts I bought where $109 at Gander Mtn, $105 at Cabelas and only $89 for the boot at Normans.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i believe that the warmest boot for one person is not the warmest for another person and one reason is the perspiration differences between us all. the best boots i have ever had and still have them are the only boots i could buy the night before a sled trip. if i remember the boots were $50.00 from a ski-doo dealer and they are ski-doo boots.

·
Administrator_X
5,122 Posts
After wearing the HMK boot for a full season I am very pleased with my decision to buy them. They offer much better side protection than most boots and the stiffness of them allows you to get a much better hold on the running boards. The liners form to your feet after a few rides and become very comfortable. I wear just a single pair of thin cotton work sock.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Paul makes a good point there.....Boots can also not be working to their full potential if a person is wearing to small or too large of boots. Too small and you're not allowing proper blood circulation, as a result your toes get cold. Too large of boots and you have dead cold air trapped with nowhere to go but to keep your feet cold.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Lacross Ice Kings. Our whole group wears them.
Wear a polypro sock liner, with a good sock over that.
I've come home with the insulator soaked from sweat, and melted snow, and my feet were always toasty. Finally due for a new pair. After 10 years.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Originally posted by rampage@Nov 10 2004, 04:11 PM
Rocky Snow Stalker Extremes. 
Tested by me to -30 degrees F in the UP... It was so cold my water bottle in the inside pocket of my leather jacket froze solid, but my feet were still warm.  This was the only time in my life I felt I was having signs of hypothermia, but the boots were still doing good.
The good thing about them is you can wear them when it's warmer out too without having your feet sweat.
[snapback]362215[/snapback]​
I have the same boots and love them. They are kind of big but I love them. I where them too for deer hunting.

ALSO, as someone mentioned, WEAR POLYPRO SOCK LINERS, to keep the moisture off you feet. DRY FEET EQUALS WARM FEET :) You might think your feet aren't sweating at all, but just a little moisture will make your feet cold.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey -

One thing I learned. Altimate boots are made by Baffin (notice the Altimate classic boots look awfully similar to a baffin model). I was speaking to the girls at the Baffin booth during the recent international snowmobile festival, and she told me.

Also, i've heard people RAVE about the Altimate "altimate" style boots - leather upper with laces. One guy was raving about them at the show - buying a new pair after having his previous pair for 8years - whole group he was with also had them and were raving about them. So I bought a pair (great price at the show - $100 tax in).

I'll let everyone know later on how they work out. :p

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I have had the same pair of Baffin Altimates for 7yrs now and they are the warmest boots I have ever worn. I wear only a thin white ankle sock when riding and no cold feet. I had a pair of Sorells that I bought first and after one ride my feet were popsicles, and I had warm socks on. Went to Baffins and never looked back. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
in my opinion, i would only buy a lacross boot. i have NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER. HAD MY FEET GET COLD ON ME. and ive been in temps for a long time between -10 and -20 any colder im not riding, with regular socks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lacross ice Kings work great for me. I just ordered another pair for Ice Fishing. One pair for riding and another for Ice Fishing. Best boot I've ever worn.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by xcrspman@Nov 16 2004, 01:52 PM
Lacross ice Kings work great for me.  I just ordered another pair for Ice Fishing.  One pair for riding and another for Ice Fishing.  Best boot I've ever worn.
[snapback]364006[/snapback]​

I was begining to wonder if I was the only one that wore these boots

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your not the only one with good taste! These boots rock! Had a pair of Sorels which were just Okay. Lacrosse makes a great boot.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts