Snowmobile World banner

Warning

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Team_Arctic 
#1 ·
be CAREFULLLLLLLL working on the sleds to get them ready!!! a co worker of my brother in law lost his leg from knee down!!!
working on a older 60s early 70s sled had his leg under the sled, they gave it gas and the track blew apart destroying the lower half of the leg!
just a quick reallity check call! !!!

#8 ·
This exact thing happened at the Gladwin Ice Carnival a few years ago, and you do not have to be an idiot to have it happend.

He had his sled on a stand, warming it up. He was revving the eng with the cluth engaged and the track blew. He was standing with his right hand on the throttle, standing lengthwise of the sled. The track snagged him on his left ankle and tore it almos completely off.

#10 ·
Oh man that is sad! That sure will make me think twice about holding up the back of a sled next time! My condolences.......

#15 ·
a guy in the neighbor town of reedsburg lost almost his Whole front side last year he was holdin a sled up that was on a truck while his frend reved id up high at school the track snaped and the studded track ripped apart his whole body ( even his pride and joy) it was not pretty accidents do happen try to have a safe season and think b4 you do something

#16 ·
The track does not even have to snap. If you have studs, remember, they can go flying out at a moments notice. In geroup of friend if a jack stand is available we always use them, if not, Two stand on each side of the sled and lift it. Not totally safe, but certainly lessens the risk.

#18 ·
:withstupid: that is more true then you know it if you dont know what your doing you shouldnet be able to drive out touch one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.