Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have always wanted to go across our lake on my sled. I have permision from the land owners association! Is it even possible to get my polaris 340 on top of the water? I want to say "worst case scenario" but i know i am going swimming, What do I have to do to get the sled running again after the "swim"? Is it possible to go out again the same day?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well I have always wanted to go across our lake on my sled. I have permision from the land owners association! Is it even possible to get my polaris 340 on top of the water? I want to say "worst case scenario" but i know i am going swimming, What do I have to do to get the sled running again after the "swim"? Is it possible to go out again the same day?[/b]
I would not even bother trying it with your 340. Its nothing personal but it just won't be able to maintain. You probably won't even make it a 100 feet even if you have a good solid runway. They are very easy to get going again after a swim, especially polaris with the crankcase drains. Just drain the crankcase, chain case, exhaust, carbs/fuel pump and separate the water from the fuel and your good to go. Also the oil and reservoir. Also you should oil the motor down well once you have gotten all the water out. pour oil down the plug holes then rotate the motor by hand. It takes less than an hour if you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
youll make make 100' . but thats pushing it ive done 50 ' on a 69 ski doo.

·
Registered
304 Posts
oh ya ,, yoyll be running in 10 minutes drain the crank and carbs and pipes like dave600 said. chain case is for when you bring it home. i race watercross and we usually have are sleds running in 5 minutes or less.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys. No matter what everybody says I will still try it. Who knows I might make it past 100'. I just recieved an email from som guy at the iwa and gave me a bunch of stuff to do to sled. Hopefully all goes well!

Cheers

·
Registered
593 Posts
where abouts is this lake in Ontario? Also you are going to have to rejet that 340 if you want to make some distance. Its low on power as it is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
we cross farm ponds with old jag 340's they make it all the way, which is only prolly 50'. we sunk once because a plug wire popped off. its fun

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. No matter what everybody says I will still try it. Who knows I might make it past 100'. I just recieved an email from som guy at the iwa and gave me a bunch of stuff to do to sled. Hopefully all goes well!
Cheers[/b]
So how did it work. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts