Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there guys i was being stupid i was water skipping my sled and some guy in a different sled cut me off and I had to slow down therefore i didnt have enough speed and slowly sunk i tried to keep it going wich was stupid and i probably sucked a whole lot of water in the carbs...It was suggested to me that i take out the plugs and turn the gas off and turn it over 100-200 pulls and then put new plugs back in...the sled was over the hood in water and i was wondering if any you guys had any other suggestions.. i mean i know the basics as far as carb cleaning and other stuff along them lines like re greasing  is there any thing im missing?
?

thanks
                                                    Indy

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Somebody else did the same thing around here and had a big post as to what to do after. To the best of my knowledge there was a little more to it than just flipping it over and pulling. I cant remember the details but if you searched you might find the post.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It depends how far the sled was under. A friend sank his '98 indy 500 totally under, 6-8 feet. Heres what we did. Removed the spark plugs, pulled the crank case drain plug and exhaust. Pulled the engine over untill little or no water shot out the plugs when pulled over. Sprayed the cylinders with wd-40 (to prevent rust). Once home we drained the gas and fuel lines completely. Clean the carbs. Drain the oil injection, lots of water was in their, you can't see it becouse it goes to the bottom, refill and bleed. Drained and clean the chain case. Removed the seat cover and attempted to dry out the cushion, I guess the never dry. Drained all the gauges and headlight, removed the shattered bulbs. We blew out all elec. connections and coated them w/di-electrode grease. New plugs and all other fluids, and fired it up. Machine ran the same as before except for the fog in the guages. The best thing would be to get it running and drive it for a while to be sure all the moisture is out of engine, exhaust clutch, bearings. Good luck   Polaris indy - Polaris wet jet  different!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts