Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Your gonna get a TON of different answers but here goes...............

LIQUID GLASS for me! :thumbsup:[/b]
many quality products available is why. your choice.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I've always liked lemon pledge, but then again, I don't do alot of waxing. Pledge is as easy as it gets.[/b]
Same here.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
does the pledge work good on the plastic....thanks for the info guys..

Rick :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
i have always used to use Liquid Glass on my sleds. i bought a new truck in june and wanted to try the Turtle Wax ICE on the truck. this stuff is absolutly the best wax i have ever used. i gave my sled a good washing and then used the ICE on it and i think it has a better shine than the liquid glass. with the ICE you can get it on any colored part of the plastic and you dont get the white residue that you get with any other wax. i will never use anything but the Turtle Wax ICE on anything.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Well I picked up some Turtle Wax Ice today when I was in the city today... I will give it a try tomorrow...thanks for the info...

Rick :D

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
i have always used to use Liquid Glass on my sleds. i bought a new truck in june and wanted to try the Turtle Wax ICE on the truck. this stuff is absolutly the best wax i have ever used. i gave my sled a good washing and then used the ICE on it and i think it has a better shine than the liquid glass. with the ICE you can get it on any colored part of the plastic and you dont get the white residue that you get with any other wax. i will never use anything but the Turtle Wax ICE on anything.[/b]
Yes that ICE works great on REV textured panels too but tends to frost up when fresh in really cold temps. It's synthetic based not carnuba wax or mineral.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Meguiars here and PLEXUS

I like wax as you can buff off the little scratch at the end of the season,any good car wax will do,but lately I have been using Meguiars

and if in a hurry I use Plexus

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/plexus.html

and use Amoral on the belly pan,gas tank,snow flap,handle bar pad and seat

only place I avoid using Amoral is the handlebar grips

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have given away all my other wax's after trying turtle wax Ice. it is amazing,

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use a product called RejeX made by Corrosion Technologies. Well i use it for my car, dont have a sled anymore (going to look at a 95 vmax600 tomorrow night). RejeX is not a wax, its a protectant. It keeps just about everything from sticking, bugs, tar etc. I go about 6 months between applications on my car and dont need to do it more. I think its also safe to use on windshields (plastic or glass) and keeps water running off them (like rain-X, but i use rain-x still)

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

If I buy the sled, I'll be using RejeX. Gives an outstanding shine as well :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts