Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know about a wedge for a zr 800 2002 i want to put a wedge on or make one does anyone know if they make any cool aftermarket ones or can make one

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
check Denis Kirk

I know they made them but not sure on the company name

·
Registered
167 Posts
They are supposed to give a more rider forward feeling. My cousin got one for his F7 to try. We put it in. He took one quick ride and back out it came. :whatever: I personally didnt care for it from just sitting on his sled. It put more weight on your arms/hands similiar to a street bike. There is no more laxed sit back style cruising with them... you slide downward toward the tank the minute you take your hands off the bars. I love riding hard, but still need some relaxed riding time too. :) I usually stand on my sled when riding hard anyways.... the seat wouldn't help me any.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are supposed to give a more rider forward feeling. My cousin got one for his F7 to try. We put it in. He took one quick ride and back out it came. :whatever: I personally didnt care for it from just sitting on his sled. It put more weight on your arms/hands similiar to a street bike. There is no more laxed sit back style cruising with them... you slide downward toward the tank the minute you take your hands off the bars. I love riding hard, but still need some relaxed riding time too. :) I usually stand on my sled when riding hard anyways.... the seat wouldn't help me any.[/b]

well thanks guys now im thinking twice about putting one on my sled thanks i guess i just wanted the rider forward feeling so i dont think im gonna do it now since its all uncomfy and stuff thanks guys

·
Registered
167 Posts
well thanks guys now im thinking twice about putting one on my sled thanks i guess i just wanted the rider forward feeling so i dont think im gonna do it now since its all uncomfy and stuff thanks guys[/b]
Not a problem... But please do remember that is only MY opinion...what is uncomfy for some, may be comfy for others. :wink:
My best suggestion would be... wait until you see someone that has a wedge on a older, non-rider forward cat and ask them if you can sit on it to see how the wedge feels. 99% of sledders I've stopped and chatted with in the woods are more than friendly to their own kind...I'm sure someone wouldn't mind ya sitting on there sled for a minute. That way you can make that judgement call for yourself and not listen to some rambling fool like me. :rolleyes: Also that way you dont waste any money in the end for something you don't like.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
another suggestion is take off the top black vinyl part of the seat and add a 2-4inch layer of high density foam and take the seat to an upolters(sp?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another suggestion is take off the top black vinyl part of the seat and add a 2-4inch layer of high density foam and take the seat to an upolters(sp?)[/b]

hey you guys have all been very helpful and i thank ya

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts