Snowmobile World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Got mine here about a week ago. Didn't send in my stock but went with Wiesco's dual ring set-up. Don't have them installed yet... no time. Have a bunch of other stuff to put on the machine as well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
$610 Cdn. included "brokerage charges and duty"! The pistons have triangular welding on the exhaust side below the wrist-pin. Since my engine is apart I can slide the old pistons in and see what the problem is. The welded pistons corrects this.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hocus Pocus BS :hallo1:

·
Registered
221 Posts
The mechanic who ported my cylinders showed me some dyno sheets on a stock 800 and a modified 800 with JUST this mod done. There was a 12 hp increase. He is a certified Ski-Doo mechanic, who builds race engines, has his own machine shop and Land and Sea dyno. May be hocus pocus but I have seen dyno reports from a trusted source. Only problem is the dyno reports were for a 809 engine. A triple.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
But there is no under piston exhaust port opening in the 809? How did he fix something that isn't there? I think he was talking a shim/ head cut.

I have talked to a couple of reliable sources who have tired this, and saw nothing on their dynos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts