Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a survey from Arctic Cat wanting me to fill it out about my experience with my new Z570LX sled. I honestly love the sled and I am very happy with it except, you've seen my posts before, the starter. I really am not impressed with the dealers response either, "It's a cat so get use to it." Not happy with that.
So, I'll wait to see if Arctic Cat really cares about a customers response and if they will contact me about my starter dislike.

Let's take a vote:

Will Arctic Cat really give a damn and contact me or will they just ignore my comment.

Personally, I am going with they will ignore me.

Richard

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol...then why do you own a cat if you know they are lazy with there customer service??....was it the actual artic cat company who is showing no remorse or just the dealer??....

·
Registered
258 Posts
oh i love your avatar pic by the way..i dont like cats but i love orange!!!!

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the first cat I've owned and have not owned a snowmobile in over 25 years. I love the orange which probably swayed me more than anything else. I also purchased new so as to avoid mechanical issues.
Do not get me wrong, other than the starter "I love this machine" and will probably buy another one. I was shocked with the dealers response though. The salesman was more than willing to replace the starter under warranty but once the machine was rolled into the service area one of the long time mechanics came over to discuss the issue. Once I explained what I was having issues with, he simply said, "Get use to it, it is a Cat!" The saleman then retreated like a scolded kid but reassued me I have a two year warranty and the next time I was in Michigan to bring it by and he would take a look at it again.
So now I'm curious to see if corporate Arctic Cat will do a follow-up on a customers comment. We shall see.

Richard

·
Registered
258 Posts
ahh ok i see.....well i hope they do for ya...it would be nice of them..maybe send you something like a discount slip or something......just wondering.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Sounds like an uncaring service department, think I'd have called their customer service line and complained. Perhaps it's time to try another dealer.

·
10,054 Posts
I got my slip also and wonder what they will say about it. I have been working with my dealer and my salesman has even called a couple of times to make sure my new parts (broken parts) have arrived. Seems he really wants to get it taken care of yet the service manager is dragging his feet and isnt getting much done on it.
I did happen to run into a factory cat rep out at the farm progress show and I let him know what was going on with it also. He said he would get it taken care of right at the factory and have the parts sent directly to me. Well I am sitting here waiting and I will say this, I will be buying another sled in the next year or two and if cat doesnt want to take care of this one, I might not bleed green next time around.
Funny that this is happening over less than 10$ in parts,,,, funny though, If I were to go to the dealership and order the parts, they would have been here 4 months ago.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Any negative comments on the survey get sent back to the dealer...AC won't take it any further than that....

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I got my slip also and wonder what they will say about it. I have been working with my dealer and my salesman has even called a couple of times to make sure my new parts (broken parts) have arrived. Seems he really wants to get it taken care of yet the service manager is dragging his feet and isnt getting much done on it.
I did happen to run into a factory cat rep out at the farm progress show and I let him know what was going on with it also. He said he would get it taken care of right at the factory and have the parts sent directly to me. Well I am sitting here waiting and I will say this, I will be buying another sled in the next year or two and if cat doesnt want to take care of this one, I might not bleed green next time around.
Funny that this is happening over less than 10$ in parts,,,, funny though, If I were to go to the dealership and order the parts, they would have been here 4 months ago.[/b]
are you dealing with Honda East ?

·
10,054 Posts
Mark, I dont want to get into who it is until I see if they take care of the issue,,,

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any negative comments on the survey get sent back to the dealer...AC won't take it any further than that....[/b]
If it just goes to the deal I'm confident if the salesman is made aware of my complaint, he will contact me. Time will tell.

Richard

·
10,054 Posts
Now I guess I just dont understand this,,,, why would anyone jump onto an ARCTIC CAT FORUM and make the comment that "I dont like cat" ?????? I guess my first question is, have you ever rode cat?? Did you once ride cat and have a bad experience with them?? To what basis are you commenting that you dont like them?? Have you simply rode another brand and are very brand loyal to them and this is the reason you dont like cat??

I have rode all 4 brands, actually rode quite a few of those that are no longer around. I have things I like and dislike about the other 3. I have chose to ride cat based on my personal experiences with them.

I promise not to bash your brand by any means, but please add to your comments on why you do not like cat. Dont turn it into a bashing session or this thread will be tossed immediately.

·
10,054 Posts
Mark, yes it was Honda East, and after a call last week, the part for the seat adjuster is in stock and has my name on it. They are also covering the windshield but I was told that they didnt have the part number. I am not sure why they didnt just go and get the part number off what I had bought from them in the first place??? After that call, my salesman went and grabbed the part number and the windshield should be on its way if not already there.
I didnt want to be an a$$ about it with them, but its been over 6 months and I feel the service that I got from the service manager absolutely stunk. I know that he was down sick for nearly a month, but theres still 5 months left there to get it taken care of. Plus, when you say your going to find something out and then give me a call in a couple of days to let me know,,,, then by god you need to find out and make that call. Even if you dont have an answer yet, at least make that call. To me that is customer service.
So I have a GREAT salesman, and I havent had stelar (sp) service with the service department.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Mark, yes it was Honda East, and after a call last week, the part for the seat adjuster is in stock and has my name on it. They are also covering the windshield but I was told that they didnt have the part number. I am not sure why they didnt just go and get the part number off what I had bought from them in the first place??? After that call, my salesman went and grabbed the part number and the windshield should be on its way if not already there.
I didnt want to be an a$$ about it with them, but its been over 6 months and I feel the service that I got from the service manager absolutely stunk. I know that he was down sick for nearly a month, but theres still 5 months left there to get it taken care of. Plus, when you say your going to find something out and then give me a call in a couple of days to let me know,,,, then by God you need to find out and make that call. Even if you dont have an answer yet, at least make that call. To me that is customer service.
So I have a GREAT salesman, and I havent had stelar (sp) service with the service department.[/b]

feel bad for ya ! nothing worse than a runaround from a dealership that has recieved great quantitys of a persons $$$$$$$$$$$$$

BTW I do have an "in" there, if you want me to use it just shout . M

·
10,054 Posts
Since this resurfaced, Cat does have a recall out to put an exhaust deflector on the 07 f series,,, I asked the dealership while I was up there and they told me Cat had put out no recall, fix or anything,,, Couple of days later I ended up at another local dealership (checking out the inventory) and they asked me if I had mine taken care of yet,,, I questioned them as I was just told there was none and sure enough, they pulled out the fix from Cat,,, they ordered the part for me and will warranty it (even though I had bought the sled elsewhere),,,, what gives here??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts