Snowmobile World banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beautiful day,roughly -10c,3-4 inchs of snow,took the rx1 and my 800 zx out for a run,1st impressions of the rx1- is that it is a very well balanced sled,and anyone that has one will be very happy,really smooth power,on a few of the trails(rough choppy and twisty) the weight shows a bit but not as much as i thought it would,it does need new skis as the stock ones just dont cut it..imo...excellent throttle responce,i felt comfortable on the sled,i didnt like the suspension to much but spent the last 2 years on a m-10,and now have an expert-x,so im biased :D i found that it handles better than any of the big tripples i have ridden,yamaha has a winner with this sled,i wouldnt want to bust powder or ditch bang with it,but it was never made for that

115kms....rx1......21.3 ltrs
115kms....800zx...27.8ltrs

both driven in same conditions for the day..

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think the RX-1 will be an awesome touring sled. Keep a second sled in the garage for bashing/banging.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i have been very impressed with the rx1 but i thought it would be better then that on fuel......what is that in $$ my tripple usually is the best on fuel on most of the runs i have been on and that is including 500c and up...but again if this sled holds up i will be thinking of it very very much for next year

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i think that now we have the choices and in the future it will even get better. in a few years, 4-5 maybe the rx-1 will only be the sled that started the 4 stroke rave.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Originally posted by paul yarek@Nov 17 2002, 01:29 AM
i think that now we have the choices and in the future it will even get better. in a few years, 4-5 maybe the rx-1 will only be the sled that started the 4 stroke rave.
Soon The the 4 strokes will not only be common but in some not to distant future mandatory.Are two strokes will go the way of the lawnmower. But thankfully their are people out their showing us two strokes can be made cleaner and forstrokes made fast but thats falling on deaf ears with the law makers. :angry: So I say to my fellow snowmobiler go out and buy a four stroke,support the factories advancment............. And tell me how they are and Ill pick one up later :sarcasm: yeah later :sarcasm:much later

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
machz69...6.5 ltrs x .80c=$5.20

belleville...i was running 6000 to 8000 rpm,speedo was showing 70 to 100 kmh,depending on the snow,wasnt really paying much attention to speed was just watching the tach,trying to break it in easy :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
PANTERAONE theirs a bustle in your hedgerow! Do you own the RX-1

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no i dont own the rx1,im breaking it in for someone i know,we get snow much earlier than he does,so he wants it ready to go when there is snow in his area

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hard deal to pass up :D look forward to some miles next weekend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
yup i firgured out on the old calculator , and thats 15.2 mpg yamaha and 11.9 skidoo hmmm !is there simular performance between the two would be my question? ???

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The fact that the rx1 is breaking in must be taken into consideration. As the motor loosens up the mileage will only get better. Good to see someone is riding panteraone. We got dumped on last night and it is still snowing.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
You guys and all your snow. I'm sitting crying because we have about 1/2" of snow and I don't have my front shocks back yet. Hopefully I'll have my shocks when we dumped on.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we never lined up to see performance comparison,as the rx1 is just getting broken in,but from the feel of the acceleration to 8000 rpms,this sled will surprise many,chances are its going to walk all over the 800 doo,not in handling,but for top end and midrange pull,yesterday i was talking to a guy in town who has a 800 xcr with some minor motor work(polished and ports matched)he raced a rx1 on a half mile stretch,both machines studded xcr 108..rx1 196....rx1 shot out in front,then xcr passed it by about 3-4 lenghts,then remained identical the rest of the way,and this is on several runs,the guy on the xcr was so surprised,hes thinking of getting an rx1 next year,and this guy is a diehard polaris nut

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by skimikedoo@Nov 17 2002, 09:15 AM
yup i firgured out on the old calculator , and thats 15.2 mpg yamaha and 11.9 skidoo hmmm !is there simular performance between the two would be my question? ???
For our American members, did you figure that out w/ Imperial or US gallons? The US gallon is smaller (4/5ths), so their mpg figure will be smaller.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Even if it is in our buddies quantity thats still pretty impressive milege for a couple of BIG BORE SLEDS!!!
man i need winter precipitation baaaaaaaad :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
We've got snow and been riding for a month with RX1's. Our results have not been the same as those above. We ridr in the mountains, the RX1 does not do well in the powder, don't get me wrong its not terrible but it will not run with the 800's of any brand. It is close to the 700's after it is tuned up and running good. Flat hard pack ground, it is running even with the 800 RMK up until the RMK starts to top out. Not knocking it, just our experience.

P.S. never forget and leave the choke on(RX1), a friend did and could not get it to fire up. Had to load up and go home.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
omotm i agree i would not want to be powder riding with it,but for a 1st attempt at a high performance 4 stroke yamaha did a very good job,it is a high mileage(touring)sled with smooth pulling motor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts