Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the motorhead show yesterday afternoon for the first time and for sure my last.$10 bucks to walk around for 10min and see all that is there not for me.Anyways i got my first look at the new sleds being offerd for next year as i've never been into new model hype.
This is what i noticed.That rev thingy may be the best thing since sliced bread but definately not for this guy.I think you'de have to have Pam Anderson naked on it to make it look good.Iloved the new gauges and acc. switches they have.They can actually be used without taking your eyes off the trail.
The rx1 is very friendly to the eyes but i'm thinking the one they had at the show must have been full of cement cause it was heavy.Otherwise a nice setup if you could get near it to look at it.It was by far the most popular sled there.
The firecat is one sweet looking sled and is my personal favorite new sled for next year and i'm a doo guy.They had the skull/cross bones version there but i think i'd have to sew a iron maiden patch on the back of my coat to ride it.
Polaris is virtually unchanged and it showed as there display was a ghost town.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I went there once to see the graphics on the sled I was ordering. Other than that, it's a waste of time. Just another way for Kehoe & the Lesters to make some money. I save my money & the drive across T.O till the fall & hit the snowmobilers show. I get all my trail maps and tourism info there.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hit the fall show each yaer as well and do the same.It's 15 times the show than the cheesy motorhead show

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well they sure do a good job advertizing because it looks good in all the mags......Made me wish I could be there.Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sled-head don't worry, it's not worth the drive from Sask.

I think the main difference is as follows, in the fall everyone is anticipating the upcoming season and goes there for the info and to get some good deals on parts and apparel. Most people have already gotten their new sled (if they're buying).

In the spring, the season is winding down and people just aren't "into it". I have an '83 Honda ATC 200X, that I get out on a couple of times each summer. I just don't have the interest in taking it out. If I got rid of it, I wouldn't replace it. In December and the last couple of weekends, I saw all sorts of ATVs on trailers and trucks covered in mud. Who enjoys splashing around in mud this time of year?

When it comes to the sledding though I can't get enough  
 Our gang will be at a lake or pool party in July and eventually the talk gets to sledding.

If you read between the lines in Supertrax & Ontario Snowmobiler, I think they would love to have the trails open in the summer. In my area, it ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think any of these types of shows are a rip , they seem to charge the vendors big bucks to be there and then they charge us enough to get in and sometimes $10 for parking.
I was just at the sportsman show , I didn't see big savings on things and one of the booths said it costs us so much for the booth that we can't offer huge savings.
Why can't the event planners get the money from one person instead of from both ends.
And while I am on the topic why can't T.V. do the same , I pay to get tv and then I have to watch commercials which the companies have to pay to put on. I don't have to pay to listen to the radio

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I haven't been to the Sportsman Show in years. And yeah that is a rip to pay for parking down at the CNE.

I figure at the fall show I get all the maps buy some carbides, plugs and assorted odds & ends from Royal. They usually have a show discount of 15% (pays the tax). Besides I usually run into some people I know that I haven't seen since the past winter. Everyone seems to be really UP for the season.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Thanks for the info guys I've been to the fall show wasn't bad, was gonna go to the spring show this year but didn't make it, glad I didn't waste the money cause I'm not into motorized crop wreckers, and the sled is parked for the season so who is into that thank god for two wheels and sunshine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts