Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Went to the snocross races yesterday and now I just have to try it for myself.  

Do you think that I could pick up an MXZ 440 for about $2500?  What years go for that price and are they any good?  I've got an extra 4-wheeler that I'm going to sell and I will use the money to get another sled.

The racing division that I went to see has a class called the "Trail Class".  I guess that is where the begining racers race against eachother with no points or prizes.  I figured that I'd give it a shot.

I have to admit, the little stock 440's impressed me.  Even if I don't race I would still like one to pound around on.

Also, on a side note...that place was filled with Sno Pro's...my god.  One race had at least 9 Cat's in it and then the only other sled was a Polaris.  It looked kinda funny.

Thanks for the help.

-Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Josh! We seem to both pop up on all the forums.
 For $2500 you could probably get a 1997 or a 1998. If memory serves, Zorro got his 1997 MXZx for about $3500 canadian. The MXZ's are great to ride and hit some jumps.

Havn't sold the Sport yet?? Mine is still in pieces ready to get sold this spring.

Brian  

·
Registered
530 Posts
You could maybe even find a MXZx 440 for that price.  Prices on sleds are cheap as heck right now.  For example, my 97 MXZ 670 went for about $2900.  Pretty bad, but I cant do anything about it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Brian....what a suprise.  So, I'm guessing that you got your sled after all.  Hope you've had enough snow to ride.  As you can tell, I haven't sold the sport....If it makes it through the winter without getting sold I'll probably keep it until next winter cause I won't have sledding on my mind as much.  My girlfriend likes driving it, so I guess I should probably hold onto it.

Thanks for the comments Guys...I'll keep my eyes open for an MXZ in that price range and then I'll probably post the details back here and see if it's a good deal or not.

Thanks again.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Do any of you guys know if there is a class like that in mn?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts