Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any of you sled heads be taking off for Western U.P. Michigan on 2/13/02? Bergland and Big Bay areas?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lee,

What sleds do you ride? Will you be starting off on trail 1 on Friday?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure where we will be riding exactly, we kinda make it up as we go along. It will be all Polaris' , 2 '97 700 SKS's, A '96 Ultra SKS, An '01 600xcsp, an '00 500xc, a couple of '00 600xc's, and an '00 Sport Touring. I'm sure that we will be heading up toward Lake of the Clouds sometime. I will be on the 700 SKS with the busted hood (oops).

What are you riding and where are you staying?

Lee

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2002 500xcsp (red) and 1994 Indy XLT with lowprofile black windshield. Our last day there will be Saturday and we plan on doing lake of the clouds most likely on that day. Hope to see ya out on those huge trails.

Happy Trails,

-Craig

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'll be up there just passed berglund (secret location:p) on the 8th 9th & 10th. It's getting warm again  
 so  i'll let you know how "things is" when I get back' hopefully the temps will come back down & have the chance for some fresh stuff between now and when you go.
this winters not leaving me much of a posative outlook thoe!
I might just have to ride the sled on the trailer & have the guys throw ice at me from the truck on the way home(after leaving a day early with grass & dirt up in the skid)

SOMEBODY DO A SNOW DANCE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got back today from the Houghton-Baraga-L'anse area.
The only good snow I saw was along M-28 in the Munising-Shingleton-Christmas area.  I went up on business Wednesday and came back today and, believe me, with this warm weather you could really see the deterioration.  Looked like people were riding on mud in a lot of places.  If we don't get some cold weather and snow pretty soon---well, you know.  It ain't lookin' too good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but just got back, stayed in bruce crossing & there was NO SNOW on the trails (zero).
trailerred about a hour north each day & found snow but it was 38 on fri. & 35 on sat. snirt is what we've left ya on the trails. there was snow in the power lines but they were beat so bad it was almost wurst than the trails. even the fire roads were heavily beat. somany sleds up there & every one sat in the bars cause the trails were so bad, it took over an hour to get lunch.
 Well there was snow there & on a year like this(lets hope its only this year) I was glad to have just gotten a ride in

Watch the weather channel & pray for NW winds & lower temps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts