Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am riding a trail through a field when this sled rips past me. I watch this guy go & he is flying. It is snowing & the trail is blending in with the snow. I turn onto another field & I see this guy standing, but I don't see a sled. When I get to him I see his sled wedged in a creak. It is about a 6 foot drop. 2 other guys show up & we pull him out. This guy looks at us & said that it is snowing & he can't see :bash: For some reason the 1st thing that comes to my mind would be to slow down if you are having a hard time seeing. I wonder how fast this guy rides when he can see

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah, typical. The worst part is they are the ones who get remebered and make the stereotype and high insurance/accident rates. Same as with cars drives me crazy what we have to pay for insurance even if we have never had an accident our entire life.

·
Registered
252 Posts
your a better man then i am. i would have left him there for awhile and let him think about it for awhile. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would have checked to make sure he was not injured, then laughed my ### off at him and rode off. He deserved to be left after riding like an idiot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
gotta make sure hes ok,then laugh and leave him, dont want to look like an a$$hole, i think anybody would feel real guilty if he was hurt and they didnt check

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
it's better off to give the clown a hand, it is hard to but it is.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's better off to give the clown a hand, it is hard to but it is.[/b]
I agree because there might be a day when you need a hand. I know there is times when my brain gets in stupid mode then I get the crap scared out of me. :dazed:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I towed a guy the other night on Mon I think it was. Well anyways it was real late about 1am or so. I was riding in the middle of the trail (and it was a good thing I was). Well I fly over a small hill to the other side and into an open field. Well I fly by him and he was on the left side of the trail just sitting there. So I turn around to see if he was ok? He said he thought he blew his top-end. So I said you need a tow, I will tow you to the rode about 1.5miles away? I had a towstrap with me so we put it on. We got to the rode and he said if I took him to the bar about another mile he would give me $20, he would rather leave his sled there so I said not a problem. Well we got there and he offered me the $20. I just said to keep it because it might be me next time! Well riding back I almost ran over his helmet. He dropped it and didn't say anything. So I brought that back to him also and was on my way.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I would have left him in the ditch[/b]
Never leave a sledder stranded, injured or not. It's winter out there. Even joking about that will bring you bad karma.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never leave a sledder stranded, injured or not. It's winter out there. Even joking about that will bring you bad karma.[/b]
The only people I leave stranded on the trails are the idiots that drive their cars on the trails & get stuck. The trail just down the road from me has a Macdonalds beside it, & a house with a long driveway that goes over the trail. I don't know what it is but people drive up the driveway, turn onto the trail & get stuck. :bash: Every weekend I drive by & a car sometimes one on each side of the driveway are stuck. Then they ask me if I can help push them out. I ask them if they can read & so far they all say yes. I point out all the signs that say snowmobile trail & tell them to call a tow truck. We must be at 7 cars since the beginning of Feb :huh:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yea I ran into the same thing a few weeks ago. He looked at me like I could pull him out with my sled? I was like are you crazy this thing ain't pulling out your vehicle!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
<<<I know there is times when my brain gets in stupid mode then I get the crap scared out of me.>>>

Oh man......that's NEVER happened to me before..... :rolleyes:

I'm with the others, give him some lip service if you must, but then give him a hand......

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Yea I ran into the same thing a few weeks ago. He looked at me like I could pull him out with my sled? I was like are you crazy this thing ain't pulling out your vehicle![/b]
Exact same thing happened to me last winter, an idiot with a stuck subaru and a dog on the trail who wanted me to try to tow him out with my sled. No way buddy. We tried to push but I think his tranny was busted because even when he had it in reverse the wheels kept turning forward. I got in the car and tried it myself but the wheels kept going forward no matter what. It was midday and civilization was less than 5 miles away so we left him there and next time we went riding the car was still there. This was like a mile in to the trail, what a moron.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Around here a couple years ago a snowmobiler got killed because some idiot got his truck stuck on a trail. The snowmobiler came around the corner travelling at a fairly high speed, and WHACK! No more snowmobiler. :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here we go again :bash: Somebody got there car stuck on the trail again. They have been digging for 2 hours. I sat on the hood of my car while I had a sub & laughed every time they looked at me. I wonder what they thought of me :lmao:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts