Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went looking for trail conditions on last tuesday to plan where to head for the weekend, Went to the N.H.S.A. Site,
They reported that Twin Mountain was Good To Excellent !!!
So I called a few motels in the area, found one in Twin Mountain, it was a little expensive but I figured it was on the trail and would be worth the Money with all of the 17" of snow that they had said was on the trails.
What a Let Down !!!
I was told the groomers were out in full force, and the trails were NICE !!
We were on the trails by 7am sat,and Rode 60 VERY bumpy,ungroomed BROWN miles !!! What a terrible Dissapointment !!!!!!!!! I would say there was 4"
on MOST of the trails,
Is the State of N.H. Hurting so bad they have to lie to people to take their money?
I also spoke with ALOT of riders staying in the area, They told us the same thing, That they were promised GOOD to EXCELLENT RIDING !!! And were very upset that conditions were that POOR !!
I plan going north almost every weekend during the season, BUT there are people who cant afford to do that, and those are the people I Feel bad for !!!
OH YEAH, The motel Owner's up there are only interested in the Depth of their wallets, His 17" was maybe a foot in a drift !
The Moral of this story is " Dont Believe it Till you see it !! "
Anyone know of any GOOD HONEST trail condition sites??
                                                  Donny K

·
Registered
126 Posts
There was supposed to be a good, honest trails conditions forum on this site, but some want to keep the info to themselves (read "I'm baffled" posts) or claim the conditions aren't good enough to report. Until everyone wants to share good and bad experiences you will have to rely on the "big business" plan of reporting. If businesses thought you would ride in July, they would tell you conditions are excellent then, too. It's a money thing for them, period!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I hear you Donny, I spent yesterday in the ER because I believed a trail report from a western Maine resort area, so I will be out of work all week nursing a back injury and most likley won't be riding for a couple of weeks.

S

·
0 Posts
Bartman: sorry to hear about the back, what did you try to take on a money hungry motel owner??
LMAO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, maybe a little White lie from the Motel owners, But there is no excuse for the message on the twin mountain snowmobile club that does the snow phone " Lots of snow up here riding is excellent come on up !!! "
      Whatever, Bitching isnt gonna get me anywhere I guess,
Just Hope someone out there learns from my mistakes,
I am going to get more info Before I rent our next room,
HMMMMM, lets see I got four days left, LOL any Ideas?
                                                 Donny K

·
Registered
29 Posts
I left my house @ 5am and drove the 3 hours to twin mountians on saturday.The report I read was correct.They had 12 new inches and 12-18 inches of recorded snow.If you had ridden of the side of the trail you would of found out very quickly how deep the snow was.I stuck my 800 with 1.5 on cherry mountian.I would like to see you buy a hotel living off of your slim profits and hear your replay when I call you asking about the snow depths.As I see it,it beats reading posts about how bad the riding was.The hotel owners nor the state has any control on how much snow they receive(would be nice though!)My few words.Sorry but I enjoyed myself:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Donny, I too went to Twin Mountains and yes the trails sucked, but what do you expect when everyone in the state of MA, NH and even VT are up there because there isn't any snow elsewhere at the time.
Also if you read the report on their site it said to get up there early for the good riding so they were somewhat honest.
 What can you expect of a place that was overloaded w/ trigger happy sledders that were probably out on their first ride of the season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts