Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get rain on christmas day but 2 inches of snow in middle of march..

2 days ago it was 68out?..

now were getting snow.. hopefully this trend wont continue..

contemplating on buying a new sled for next year.. would it be a waste because the winters going to be WORSE then this year..

·
10,054 Posts
kinda funny, I actually ended up with more mile that I have ever put on in a season,,, and I only had 52 mile going into January,,, ended up with almost 3000,,, so bring on A LOT more winters like this,,,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, if two factors change, then our winters will likely be full of imense emounts of snow. If there is no el nino or a mild one at that, and the sun spots stop occuring. we might even see another ice age.

Main thing is... dont believe the whole global warming bull #### you hear. The average temp of the earth is actually cooling, though the sun spots are causing more constant temps. Obviously these constant temps are causing our winters to be warm and out summers to be cooler. But another problem is el nino causing a loss in winter precipitation, which is causing fewer snow falls obviously.

The whole global warming, democrat thing is based off of compelete bull####. They say carbon gasses are causing a warming, whereas science has proven that during the highest carbon gas period that humans have found, is actually the coldest time the earth has ever seen. In other words, I am just saying, have faith and dont give up on the winters. Some day they will return to the way they should be, 4 months long with lots of snow. \

If nothing else buy the new sled to support your brand of choice and try to keep that company alive to support your grand or great grandchildred and thier ability to ride!

·
Registered
68 Posts
its just one big cycle and we happen to hit a low point the last couple of years :rolleyes: , i only had a whopping 450 miles this year, not sure last yearno speedo but lots of shorter rides

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Look at it this way

it can NOT get any worse :p

Here in Sudbury many trails were only groomed once all season anf that was last Wednesday

1st time ever that there was hardly any grooming,I belive the previous low was 4-5weeks of grooming

·
Registered
252 Posts
imo i would buy that new sled now while they are cheaper. cause as someone mentioned everything goes in cycles.and we will get back to great winters again,and when that happens the price of sleds will go up.so take advantage i say,and just think when the winter returnes to normal,you will be ready for it with your brand new sled.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
GREAT TIME TO BUY right now

tons of deals

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with the others, I think we are just in a bad cycle right now. I honestly think next winter is gonna be good (i dont have any evidence to support that lol!!).
But this year El nino played a big part in the warm weather and hopefully it will be different come december hopefully November till April!!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yes it has been one wacked out season....we still have snow but it is hard as a rock....

next winter will be better...

Rick

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well, if two factors change, then our winters will likely be full of imense emounts of snow. If there is no el nino or a mild one at that, and the sun spots stop occuring. we might even see another ice age.

Main thing is... dont believe the whole global warming bull #### you hear. The average temp of the earth is actually cooling, though the sun spots are causing more constant temps. Obviously these constant temps are causing our winters to be warm and out summers to be cooler. But another problem is el nino causing a loss in winter precipitation, which is causing fewer snow falls obviously.

The whole global warming, democrat thing is based off of compelete bull####. They say carbon gasses are causing a warming, whereas science has proven that during the highest carbon gas period that humans have found, is actually the coldest time the earth has ever seen. In other words, I am just saying, have faith and dont give up on the winters. Some day they will return to the way they should be, 4 months long with lots of snow. \

If nothing else buy the new sled to support your brand of choice and try to keep that company alive to support your grand or great grandchildred and thier ability to ride![/b]
I like that explanation :) I like that explanation a lot. I should get the old smog building Ford out this year, and pour as much gas in it as I did my snowmobile, just so I can contribute to the cooling of the earth so we can get more snow next winter :D

In my opinion, we never did experience a snow storm this year. When we got high amounts of snow, the wind kept changing to prevent snow storm-like conditions. We only had two "normal" snowfalls, the rest were trickles of snow. But with an unusually cold winter, it hung around. Until the warm snap this past week, of course.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
GREAT TIME TO BUY right now

tons of deals[/b]
Your not kidding FB, spent some time at autotrader.ca and couldn't believe some of the blow-out prices!

·
Registered
361 Posts
This winter was a HELL of a lot better than last. Over 1200 miles compared to well, 0 actually. Still only had about 6 weekends though, hopefully its even better next year, but I'm not going to complain!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
We get rain on christmas day but 2 inches of snow in middle of march..

2 days ago it was 68out?..

now were getting snow.. hopefully this trend wont continue..

contemplating on buying a new sled for next year.. would it be a waste because the winters going to be WORSE then this year..[/b]
I would buy the sled and then just chase the snow when it comes. I only made 4 trips north this season but they where all spectacular, just because I was flexible and made the move when conditions were at there best. The letdown being that I usually make at least 6 trips north on I-75 and with the season not starting till late Jan, it just wasn't going to happen this year.

Sometimes we get luck chasing the good powder :tongue:

·
Registered
47 Posts
We are having a great winter up here. Snow has been a little light in southcentral since Jan., however, with about a 30" base and the rivers froze up good we're heading out this afternoon. BTW Anchorage is on track to have one of the coldest, snowiest winters in over 30 years....

·
Registered
331 Posts
The whole global warming, democrat thing is based off of compelete bull####. They say carbon gasses are causing a warming, whereas science has proven that during the highest carbon gas period that humans have found, is actually the coldest time the earth has ever seen. In other words, I am just saying, have faith and dont give up on the winters. Some day they will return to the way they should be, 4 months long with lots of snow. \[/b]

you dont know what you talking about thats the us government talking
carbonmonoxide and carbondioxide are what cause green house effect cause the earth to get warm

have you ever been in a green house during winter

the plants give off carbondioxide thes it gets trapped in the green house then when sunlight goes into the green house more rays get trapped in there causing it to get warm

im not gonna go on because over single person has heard of global warming

·
Registered
361 Posts
We are having a great winter up here. Snow has been a little light in southcentral since Jan., however, with about a 30" base and the rivers froze up good we're heading out this afternoon. BTW Anchorage is on track to have one of the coldest, snowiest winters in over 30 years....[/b]

I'm extremely jealous. I've always wanted to move to AK, when does the season start/end usually?

-Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm extremely jealous. I've always wanted to move to AK, when does the season start/end usually?

-Dave[/b]
We started riding in early Nov. March and April are favorite months for riding here, with longer days and warmer weather. I have heard of people riding as late as Memorial Day weekend :D in the passes, however, I cannot attest to that .........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts