Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a F-5 today August 10, at the Spicer, Mn. dealer. They did not know what it weighed yet. Anyway at least the F-5 should make 500 production #'s for Hayday's. Don't think F-7 will be race legal in time.
 It seemed heavier than a sno Pro. Somebody should have one at home soon. What do they really weigh?

·
Registered
448 Posts
The F-7 will probably be 445 or so.  They aren't even making the F7's till Sept.  Don't know about the F5's, but they'll have another 10 pounds or so too.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should keep them lighter and more powerful than any other in class. If weight is right.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Probably.  I'm not sure how accurate Cat is with their weight claims.  But their HP claims seem to be dead on or underestimated!!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
in snow-tech mag it says the f7 at 435 at 138-140 hp and the f5 at 425 at 104 hp thats in the  september issue i got 2 days ago

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those were the proto weights. They will not be that light, unless they change to direct drive (Black Diamond system). They have changed a good number of things for durability issues. The Snopro 440 would be 125 horse if they upped the power 3 or 4 horse every year like they claim at each year's introduction of the racer. When they are within 11 horse of the first Sno-Pro's. Also the first variable exhaust Zrt 600 was over claimed for horsepower, the proto's were at 135- 140 and they ended up shy of 120 hp. Other sleds Cat has been down to earth on though lately on pony figures. Every company has overshot some models by 10 horse or so in past also. I take every spring sales hype with a grain of salt. Deduct 4 horse and it would be more feasible on Ski-Doo's anyway.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The weights are the same. There are 5lbs more max I was told by REALLY good sources.  They are still the same weight around and the hp is the same that was not made up.  none of it was

·
Registered
91 Posts
The F5 at the dealer in Spicer is NOT a production sled.  It more than likely is a sled that Cat had on display this spring with the "Spring Break" tour.....
-JPL

·
Registered
48 Posts
gls has said that they will weight at least 7-8 pounds heavier cause of a bigger heat exchanger and more support fot the exaughts and a few other little things.I think american snowmobiler mag tested the f7 and got 140.6 out of the engine they had on sure if it was a proto or the producation.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The F-5 is supposed to run at Haydays Sept 6-8, so 500 will supposedly be built.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Talked to the boys at Spicer today .The sled they have is a proto being sent around to dealers for advertising.They were told no F5s till Sept. sometime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts