Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what belt I should use on my sled. I have a 01' MXZ 800x with the Heel Clicker cluch kit and a Roller Secondary. I was thinking of getting the Bombardier gold belt. Oh yeah it's snowing here in upstate NY, we might get 6-10 inches. To bad my sled isn't ready yet. :angry:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
everytime I post something on here I never get a response. What's up with that?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
which belt

I had bad luck with the ultimax 2 last year on my 02 gade it would heat the clutch up and make it whistle after a short time :angry:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I like the 127 belt, put on 2000miles on two belts and I still could of got more miles on them. I think that the gold belt is way over priced. I would buy the gold if I put if i put on 3500 miles or more a year, and then hopefuly get a new one under warrenty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the Ultimax 2 belt last year and it heated up my clutches to. I think that my clutches weren't aligned right or something. I might try the Ultimax 2 belt again but make sure my belt deflection is correct and my alignment is right also.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the same setup as you and use the 127 belt. I do have a
gold belt and saw a post that said the gold belt was more consistent
day to day than the 127 belt. I'll try that later this year, but for now,
I'm sticking with the 127.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The 0127 is pretty good for durability and performance, the gold is very durable . the 8607 is a better performance belt. I use the 8607 on my 02 800 because thats the only one that holds , the problem is ,that you should replace it every 1000 miles or less. i can run a 0127 but loose about 2 sled lenths in 500 ft. the 8607 is real soft. I tried running the gold and that one just slips. over the years we just keep going back to that cheap little 8607

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would call the company that you got your clutch kit from and see what they say. Otherwise I like the Dayco brand for belts.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Depending on who you got the kit from, certain bemlts work better than others. All my kits were designed around the 127. We had the best luck from day to day.

GLH

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The 8607 is the belt for a 583 or 600. for radar runs i agree it will give you a few more mph top end. But you will be lucky for them to last a day on the 800 as the v-groove on the belt is a different angle than what the 800's clutch needs. It will also dirty up the clutches real quick.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Well, a belt for Heelclickers? Get whatever is cheapest, and a few of em. I went thru at least 8 belts last winter. I could go thru a new belt in a day, and did.

I found the 127 to hold up the best.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input guys. I went through 5 belts last year and at $50 a pop that sucks. I had MCB Performance install my kit so I'll give them a call tomorrow. Gunner, you said you have the same setup as me. How do you like the roller secondary?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Where can you get these roller secondaries?? And will my goodwin helix and spring fit in that??

·
Registered
400 Posts
I didn't love it at first. It backshifted way to fast
for me. It felt like I had the brake on when I let
off the throttle. But it was always good to jump
back on the throttle and have the power right
there.

Anyway, after playing all year with the clutches
and then jets, I felt like I was close. Then boom!
I siezed the MAG bearing. This year, I'll get it dialed
in and then I'll trade!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah that's where I got my Roller. It's of an o2' 440. I hope the backshift is awsome so I can go into a corner fast and come out fast.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Permafrost, you can have your opinion on 8607 but all the testing i've done over the years the for best grip the 8607 beats all the other belts, its not long for life, but it only costs around 50 bucks and i've ran both 800's that ive owned w/ the 8607 ,5768 miles on01 800 mxz adr. and 02 800 sport w/2986miles , lots of testing time on both besides the other skidoo's that ive clutched. and they do leave some residue but if you want true performance , clkean your cluthches every time out. if you are not concerned w/ peak performance but still good and better durability go to 0127

1 - 18 of 18 Posts