Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying a sled that unlike the one I have now will cat walk. I'd also want a sled around 500-600 cc and it'd have to be around 1995-2000 cause I can't afford anything newer. The only brand I wont buy is Polaris.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I do not understant what you are saying.

"I'm interested in buying a sled that unlike the one I have now will cat walk."

What color do you like the best. That is about the only thing you need to consider. They are all excellent sleds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm saying the sled I have now doesn't catwalk and i'd be interested in buying something that could actually catwalk.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Any reason why you dont want a polaris? They are great sleds. and as for doing a catwalk you are not going to do a catwalk on a sled, you will rise the ski`s a bit but unless you are 300 lbs they are going to came down after a bit.  If you want to get the ski`s in the air  loosen your front limiter strap a couple holes that will get the nose up.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Any SC-10 SkiDoo....my MXZ will carry the skis for  quarter mile if I want it too...'course 300lbs on its back helps!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If I take the coupler blocks out of my Prox 600 it will carry the skis a foot of the ground for 2 blocks easy just like the cats before they coupled the rear skid also my 99 600xcsp would do the same thing with the blocks removed as far as not wanting a Polaris why not they are just as good as anything out there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
jagman440
if you want your 440 to catwalk like a bike is what i think your saying just get your jack knife out and cut the limiter strap off...................no don't realy do it, beside if you catwalk there is a couple of adjustments you can make to prevent that

what is this?

·
Registered
978 Posts
any ski-doo with sc-10 rear, loosen limiter strap to the last hole take the acm nut out and throw it in the bush, now your gonna catwalk, I had my formula 3 800 flip over on top of me grass draggin, broke my leg in two places fun

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I always wondered if a sled would ever come all the way back on you. Thanks Ken..now I don't have to try it!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I watched a 98 700 xc do it last year at the Devil Lake ice drags the guy ended up with his foot broken and a smashed hood. The next day he came over with his skid so I could drill some holes in his limiter straps so he could pull the front of the skid down farther since the I bolts were already bottomed out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts