Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happend to be interested What came first.

Ford Fusion
OR
Polaris Fusion

both came out around the same time..can't pinpoint years.

but who stole the fusion name from one another

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I think it was the Polaris Fusion in 2005 and the Ford Fusion came out in 2006. I will say the Polaris Fusion is much faster! :wink:

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol...you guys crack me up..... :lmao: :bash: .......ya know i thought about the whole fusion thing too but i really dont think they had anything to do with each other...lol...but yeah i see where your comin from...........but i wasnt going to ask....hehehe

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Polaris Edge or Ranger Edge?

Who was 1st?

CanAm/BRP Outlander or Mitsubishi Outlander?

Who was 1st?

Artic Cat ZR or S10 ZR 2?

who was 1st?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
So many question. So few answers.

I give up.

WHO???

I can't take it any longer.

The suspense is killing me.

Jeff

·
Registered
476 Posts
Don't forget about the Gillette Fusion. :whistling:

·
Registered
258 Posts
lmao..... :lmao: :lmao: :bash: :bash: :lmao: :lmao: ..i dont think i can take much more.....hahaha....you guys are great..........what a bunch of hams are we!!!!???

·
Registered
657 Posts
LOL. I've had this conversation with others before. Seems around the same time a lot of different brands started adapting the name "Fusion" around the same time. I've noticed the Ford Fusion and the Edge as well. And of course, Gillette. I still think it's kinda funny. I guess that's what happens when nobody spends the money to trademark the name. :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I must say that whomever coined the term "Nuclear Fusion" was the one that popularized the word for others to copy.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously.. what else does everone have to do during an offseason.. except Wonder!!!!

it just happens I was watching a commercial about the ford fusion..then was reading a thing on here about the polaris fusion.. I just had nothing better to do! haha

Can't wait for snow!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Different companies can utilize the same name AND trademark it so long as it is not a similar product and isn't 'piggy-backing' on the other's brand/market focus.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Different companies can utilize the same name AND trademark it so long as it is not a similar product and isn't 'piggy-backing' on the other's brand/market focus.[/b]
Awesome! I can finally design the world's most comfortable underwear and call it "Fusion" 'cause nobody has underwear with that name yet. LOL. J/K.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Isn't "fusion" some kind of a soft drink, surely a shampoo or other hair product also?

"Edge"? Now that is used in firearms, power tools, etc.

Renegade? Nothing original in that title.

It's all like a paint color, a billet starter handle, etc. They have no meaningful purpose, but they sell products and, maybe make us feel good somehow.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
the bombardier/can-am outlander has ben out long before the mitsubishi[/b]
Mitsu tried to sue Bombi back in 03/04 since Mitso had the Outlander trademark before Bombi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts