Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help I`am not sure what can to buy.my 99 mach1 had a dynoport they are 3 in to 1can 2 out sounded good but my bud saved that for his z.MBR has a 3 in 1 out never heard one.I think I want 3 silencers but do not want something much louder than dynoport.I also found a specialty x web site and they have a cool looking setup but I`am not sure of the sound level.with 3 pipes it makes sence in my mind to find a 3 pipe setup but who knows.thanks jeff in nh

·
Registered
692 Posts
i have a dyno slip ons sounds nice not too loud, i guess crank shop has pipes into a muffler check that out   trail pipes are going to run into a muffler to keep the noise down. whats your cluthc set up for?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realy don`t know much about the clutches (just got it at the end of the season) my bud bought the sled new and had the dealer do all the work.I can tell you he has had belt trouble since day1 they have said it`s aligned but I just orderd a tool and will be putting it in the garage to check over soon. thanks for the reply I think she will get the dynoport silencer.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would recommend the MBRP 3 into 1 . It looks nice, sounds mean, weighs about 10lbs. lighter than the stock muffler and I gained 5 h.p. and 3 lbs.-ft. of torque over the stock muffler on my buddies' Land & Sea dyno with it.
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanksI was hopping to get some feed back from someone who has something other than a dynoport.not that I dislike them just all of the guy`s I ride with that have a can it`s a dynoport.

·
Registered
692 Posts
by adding just a can i think any of them will give you the same or real close! what is it you looking to do? with my dynos and clutch kit my brother in law cant keep up in the windy trails or off the line w/ his SRX, but reels me in across the lake!
so back to what is it your looking for!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First I would like the weight saving`s,2 the improved sound but not loud.my sled is a 99 mach1r it has v force 2 and some gearing changes (I have not looked for my self yet) and I know he had chuck disylvia do some clutch work.and 192 picks. I mostly like the trails more than the lake so top speed is not high on the list just some arm streching pull.Once the clutch alignment tool comes in I will have more info cause that will make me want to work on fixing the belt issues she has..(lucky to get 200 mi)right from new... thanks for the replys  jeff

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know of the place only about 45 minutes from me.First I need to get off my butt and get the sled in my garage and get a list of what I can find that is not stock and go from there.I rode the sled only twice last year but rode with the 1st owner since new. I`am happy with the sled but untill I find the belt trouble (the clutch tool from sled pro came in)I will be wanting to start from stock and go from there.I`am guessing it`s a alignment issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts