Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the closest thing I have found is Safety Yellow but it is WAY to bright and all the other yellows look like Crap. I want to paint a few items because Ski-Doo doesent make cool looking parts for the 96 F-III

·
Registered
154 Posts
Check an autoparts store that sells paint to body shops. Being Ski Doo slightly changes the color they can match yours and package it into a spray can for your use. Its costs a bit more but it will be right,

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I'll check the service manuals up north on the weekend. I think there is some paint code info in them.

The yellow changed back in the late 90s. which year of MXZ had the black/red checker graphics? Was it '97? I rode a week with a guy who had a 583 that the yellow was different than mine ('98)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've got the paint code for the 1997 MXZ at home, I'll post it tonight. I believe the name of the colour is sunflower yellow.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yellow tremclad rust paint is #### near an exact match for my 98 mxz..i bought some after a paint shop charged me $20 for making up an aerosol can to match..steve

·
Registered
230 Posts
I once mixed "sunburst yellow" with "schoolbus yellow" and it matched my hood on my 2000 mxz..........just lucky I guess!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You wont find pre-mixed paint in any store. Why they dont offer a spray can at the dealer we will never know. Pull a wheel off and have it computer matched then buy the spray kits from an automotive paint store.

A

·
0 Posts
They probably do make it in a can but if it's anything like AC who want's almost $20 for a can, it's cheaper to make some up.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
the doo paint is made right here in brantford and my buddy is the shipper/reciever. he says their biggest customer is bombardier.

·
Registered
963 Posts
just ask your dealer to call bombardier for a can. I work at a dealership and I ordered a spray can for my 1995 formula stx cost me about 7$ (about 10$ for clients) Hey formula 111 dude, what year is your sled. For my sled 1995, they only had a couple of can's left until they ran out of my paint, and after that, the paint would be no longer available so make your move fast.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On my 96 there was'nt any yellow to begin with so I plan to use the later color because it is brighter. I really dont understand, I can go to a shop where they sell PPG or DuPont paint and give them a paint chip and they will give me Ski-doo yellow in a spray can!!?? Man, I am 16 and still am amazed at the technoligy these days.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (folgers @ Aug. 21, 2002, 4:21pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">john deer is not even close[/b][/quote]
Did you see the word Between in my post???
Just checking. I must be color blind then.  

1 - 18 of 18 Posts