Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested to see what everybody does in the summer time to cure the winter blues. Me personally, I spend all my time on the lake hunting walleye and monster pike. If its a weekend, I'm on the lake. I even venture out after work sometimes to catch the evening bite.  

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I run the Northwest angle on Lake of the Woods in my 92 20ft crestliner Phantom doing pretty much the samething.Looks like I might be doing some ATVing also this year if I don't sell it and put the money away for next year.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the way to do it, in comfort. I fish out of a 14ft lund with a johnson 9.9 on a 90 mile lake that can get pretty hairy sometimes. I would like to buy a newer lund but that would mean sacrificing a sled for it. The lund still floats so when it starts to sink I'll think about it. Nothing like the rush of ridin sleds

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
this summer i am going to look forward to a trip to lake of the woods and hopefully cure my musky hunt, i am going to take my 15 year old so it will have to be late in his summer holidays.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I go camping almost every weekend, and i drink and barbaque alot.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Paul what part of Lake of the woods are you planing on going to?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yummmmmmmm....BBQ........ I'm getting hungry

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
snorat,
 i don't know when i used to fish alot i read about the area's where the musky were thick so i will have to take that up again. the only time i have seen the lake of the woods is when i was in kenora last fall.

jwheeler,
 mother nature is going to get you.  

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I spend as much time as I can on the water fishing and ski'n.  I also enjoy motorcycling.  Would be nice to get a 4 wheeler to ride in the summer time also, since that would be about the closest thing to sledding for in the summer...
Other than that, just waxing the sled a gazzilion times and sit on the sled making vroom-vroom noises.haha

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think sitting on the sled and makin vroom vroom noises is a national pastime for most of us

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I usually make it to Kenora a couple of times a year just for a nice boat ride about 50 to 60 miles from the Northwest angle.We make our ussual rounds to the chip truck for some salt and vinigar fries then to Canandan Tire just to look around the last stop before we head down to the boats is the Blue Heron for some Ice cream for the kids while the women shop in the tourist trap store in the Same building.Ever try Lake trout fishing? They have some pretty good size ones in White fish bay.There alot of islands on the northern part of the Lake so it can get easy to get lost around there.I spend most of my time around Outer bay,Portage bay monument Bay etc ,nice area to just relax and wet a line also some monst walleyes in portage bay on the 20 ft reefs and shelves in there,also the water is pretty clear there for Lake of the woods but watch out for the Rocks

as they are not marked except for on the charts and the charts are not very accurate either.I could go on for Days about that Place (the Angle) I run out of Jakes Resort at the angle But I would recomend either Youngs bay or The Northwest angle resort as that is were the pubs are ie Jerry's and Grumpies,Oh I forgot about Prothros trading post (nice old Cabins) and Angle outpost they could also acomadate fellow fisherpeople.
Ther are also many reasorts on the islands that are awfull nice too.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Watch NASCAR,sit on the couch thinking about winter.
Go camping a few times a year,don't miss a race at N.H.I.S
Go deep sea fishing on my father in laws 26ft boat.
oh,and work,we get alot of o.t in the summer.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Here is another thing I like to do.This is me at my mothers birday party on the beach on the south side of Oak island Lake of the woods-Northwest Angle.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i was going to say doesnt anybody jetski  i live on a 278acre lake and enjoy bass fishin jetsking or just cruiseing around on my pontoon boat i live on the water in the summer time

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I spend the summers golfing and going to the local dirt track races.  I'm thinking this summer that being i'm not going to trade sleds due to the 400 miles I put on I might have to get a JetSki.  That and I get wait to get the 69 firebird out again.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
hahah...nice pipes SNORAT!! I wish I had a seadoo....my summers are spent camping as often as possible, catching only the 3+ foot Walleye and the Pike known to steal small children from the beach....

And nothing beats float fishing with little kids for perch!
(except the tangled lines...you all know what it's like with little ones "practising" their casting...
)
  Dad picked up an ATV last fall, so I'll be "testing" that as well.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
We live on a small private lake in Jamestown Ohio.  We spend most of our time water skiing and wakeboarding with our twin daughters in our SKI NAUTIQUE.  Some weekends we ski in tournments.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hope to find a newer sled to rebuild this summer so i'am ready for next winter and prehaps drink a few beers and a few ryes. hope winter gets here soon

1 - 20 of 65 Posts