Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my sled "summerized" this Spring at my local Cat dealer because it is still under warranty. What do I need to do to get ready for the first ride? I have a 2006 Crossfire 7. Just gettting the itch and rreadyo ride! How soon os too soon to fire her UP?

Thanks,

Shane

·
10,054 Posts
I agree with summerizing the credit cards!!! I always take a look at all the bolts in the suspension (rear and front) and I also grease everything up,,, A real good look over of everything is also a good idea.
This is also making the assumption that the dealer did a good job summerizing everything. I would make sure they went through and cleaned the clutches, changed the chaincase oil and inspected the chain and gears. They probably greased everything, but its a good thing to throw a little more in.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sled was ready last month , now just need snow to be ready :bash:

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm still working on mine.

I like to go over the sled top to bottom and check everything.

I can't stand a dirty sled nor one that is unreliable. I trust no one to work on my stuff as I've yet to meet a dealer that takes the care I would.

So far carbs are ready, pistons are mint, underhood is detailed, hood is waxed, clutches are almost ready, drained coolant, found rubbed hose under motor - just need to put on, power valves serviced - had one frayed cable. I grabbed a new one and will put it on once she is back together.

Ordered a new Ripsaw 1.25 and 144 Good Diggers to replace the Predator 1". Looking forward to changing it out.

I'm going to wipe down my tunnel tonight and start getting it polished. I use a film of WD-40 in the off season to keep all of my aluminum clean so it is not hard to bring back. It looks dirty from the fog of WD-40 but literally wipes clean. Keeps all the fasteners nice and corrosion free also. Once under hood is all clean I wipe it down with a light film of WD-40 to keep it corrosion free over the winter.

Skid needs wiped down and polished. - will do on bench while replacing track.

Few paint chips on bottom of front AWS arms and rear skid to touch up.

I'm still looking to re-do my seat and add some height. Just need to find someone who can do it with the correct material.

I wanted to do a T660 hood, light and gauge mod for this year but I had no luck finding the parts. I ran adds all summer and not one call.

Better get busy!

Attachments

·
10,054 Posts
I agree 100% with the comment "I've yet to meet a dealer that takes the care I would" This is the reason I try to do nearly all my work myself also. I still get stumped on things from time to time, but I can throw a problem up on here and find it fixed before you know it and at a much better cost that what the dealer is charging me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts