Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the off season, we plan to retool SW. So I would like to get some feedback on what YOU would like to see added or removed from the site. And any other comments you might have.

You can post here, PM me, or email ([email protected]). Your choice.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I'd like to see some kind of site year book which everyone participates. Listing great acheivements, changes, top stories and bios. Kind of a celebration of the sport we do best.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
more diferent emoticons :thumbsup:

Besides that SW is a great snowmobile site without the no sled related BS that goes overboard on some of the other sites

Yes I like BS yet it gets tiresome

If I want good old snowmobile related talk you can not beat SW :thumbsup: with its well rounded sledheads :) and Paul Yarek :p

Keep up the great work :D

Looking forward to your improvements from input by SW members and staff

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i saw you should add the buy freddy a brand new sled fund :thumbsup: (my name id freddy) how about it :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I like it for the most part how it is, but I also dont use 3/4 of the stuff that is on here. SWRules

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
I like it for the most part how it is, but I also dont use 3/4 of the stuff that is on here. SWRules
[/b]
Ditto! :thumbsup:

Miss spell check as stated.

Only thing that bothers me is the 'for-sale classifieds', searching through endless listings just to find out if their north or south of the border. Takes forever on dial-up. How about a separate US & Can listing area?

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More Media space for my World Famous S.W. Video's!!! :thumbsup:
[/b]
Supporting Members do NOT have space limitations. If you are running up against a limit, please PM me with the details so the issue can be resolved.

Keep the ideas coming!!

·
10,054 Posts
I know we have forums for different areas,,, but when I am heading somewhere, I use them only to see if there are any trail conditions listed,,, it would be nice to have a forum where if a couple of us are running up to irons, we can post it so other members who may be in the area may be able to hook up with us??
Maybe this could be done by simply working it in with the areas??? Not sure what would be the easiest.
We have a gps sub-forum,,, what about something with communicators?? I like the idea, but dont know if there would be enough traffic to be worth it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
a new logo consisting of the colors of every brand of sled plus the american and canadian flags. to show sw has no boundries and we are as one. different colored shirts other than white. library of trail maps.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
don't forget we have many swedes,finns,norwegians here as well as a few russians a couple Swiss,a french guy and I believe two Autralians also

I would like a grammar corrector---I need it :p

But on the serious side

do we have a links pages to state/provincial associations?

If not maybe have them in the province/state forums,so people can access regulations,information on certain stuff that pertains to diferent states/provinces

I use them only to see if there are any trail conditions listed,,, it would be nice to have a forum where if a couple of us are running up to irons, we can post it so other members who may be in the area may be able to hook up with us??
Maybe this could be done by simply working it in with the areas???[/b]
isn't that what the state/provincial forums are for also besides posting trail reports :huh:

I know we do exactly what you say in the Ontario forums on SW :sly:

its a great way to link up with others in or going to your area

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Ditto! :thumbsup:

Miss spell check as stated.

Only thing that bothers me is the 'for-sale classifieds', searching through endless listings just to find out if their north or south of the border. Takes forever on dial-up. How about a separate US & Can listing area?
[/b]

I'm curious why it matters where you buy from. I have bought and sold many things back and forth over the border. No problems.

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
a more advanced search feature.

Like this Click

Also I saw this at the sand trap (in my sig). When you are reading a thread and click on a members name in the avatar it gives you a drop down of all the choices you can get when you visit the profile here ie... ignore, find posts, find topics and actually it has the PM and email user there as well. Really like the way it works and saves a few clicks.

Spellcheck is way up there on my list though, I feel like Flash sometimes w00t

zoomable member map

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I'm curious why it matters where you buy from. I have bought and sold many things back and forth over the border. No problems.
[/b]
travel distance

Say you live in Ontario and see a sweet deal on the SW classifieds

Lets say a ie: 04 MXZx black with low miles for $3200

You would be willing to travel 6hrs

BUT then find out the LARGE item is in N.Dakota

This is also why I always like Paul Yareks comments to people who do not list their location under there member name

80% of us have the location under our avatars :thumbsup: but still have some that do not list :sarcasm:

I know there is maybe a 50/50 split on those that want more specified forums vs those that want even less

My point if you do not want to go on the specified forums why should you take that priviledge away from others that want it that way :lookaround:

·
Registered
790 Posts
- Mandatory location in your profile/signature
- A links section for online shopping. ie aftermarket parts ( I always do a lot of searching to find a good site)

Else, this is a great site.
Great job!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts