Snowmobile World banner

21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
On SW, I would love to see a "browse" button for adding a pic to your sig, I am no computer wiz by any stretch and I have tried and tried but keep failing.. :confused: So it would be much easier to be able to upload a pic like I can with my profile page. :rolleyes:

Some extra cool emoticons would also be great so I could express myself through them. LOL

Snow4

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Well lets see,,,I would like to see a search that actually search's for what you ask for instead of coming back as "error returned" that would be nice. Or yes, maybe I dont know how to use it properly.
I would like to see the classifides moved closer to the top past all the states and so on so you dont have to thumb thru clear to the bottom.
1 other thing that has been mentioned is the location. I agree that it should be mandatory, I have dealt with sending/recieving parts to Canada for the last time. The damn boarder holds it for wayyyyyyyy to long and getting a part in season is next to impossible.
And my usual gripe is making the site download faster. Snowmobile World is clearly the slowest loading snowmobile site on the planet, at times I get so pissed that I just log off.
Thats about it for the negitive side. On the positive side, it a great site with a lot of great people and usefull infomation. I know a lot of hard work and effort goes into any site so hats off to Corey and all the mods!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I guess I can understand it with big items, but there are a lot more shippable items than there are items too big too economically ship. I just don't see it as a big issue I guess.
[/b]
Make the posts in the classifieds section a "form" type, that will not allow a post if the location field is left blank.

·
Registered
411 Posts
And my usual gripe is making the site download faster. Snowmobile World is clearly the slowest loading snowmobile site on the planet, at times I get so pissed that I just log off.
Thats about it for the negitive side. On the positive side, it a great site with a lot of great people and usefull infomation. I know a lot of hard work and effort goes into any site so hats off to Corey and all the mods!
[/b]

As someone once said...

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

(I believe SW is still taking donations to upgrade the server which would help with speed a bit) :sly:

Just a thought.

SWRules

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
[/b]
It's not the fastest but it's not that slow! I'm up here on dial-up and have no problem tolerating the speed. There is a 'skin' option at the bottom of the page that might help you out.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It's not the fastest but it's not that slow! I'm up here on dial-up and have no problem tolerating the speed. There is a 'skin' option at the bottom of the page that might help you out.
[/b]
Been their done that Cory. For the most part it is tolerable but there are many days that arn't. Not a big deal just wondering why the other sites that have the same maker [invision power board] are 10 times faster?
I have an 04 Dell computer on 56k dial-up @$9.95 a month, spending 2-3 times that for cable just doesn't make any sence to me.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Try maximumsled if you want speed :lmao:

That site pisses me off so bad :cussing: I think mollasses in -30 weather flows faster

I am on dialup and find SW reasonnable compared to some other sites

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Been their done that Cory. For the most part it is tolerable but there are many days that arn't. Not a big deal just wondering why the other sites that have the same maker [invision power board] are 10 times faster?
I have an 04 Dell computer on 56k dial-up @$9.95 a month, spending 2-3 times that for cable just doesn't make any sence to me. [/b]
how much is your free time worth to you? I can surf the same amount in 10 minutes that on dialup takes an hour. If you think of it that way it is not that hard to justify the additional cost of a high speed connection.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The only thing that sucks about dialup for me is videos

Besides that it is just as quick as my parents and in laws cable internet

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEasy guys, Corey just wanted some opinions.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
The only thing that sucks about dialup for me is videos
[/b]
That's my biggest problem as well FB, mostly a waste of time trying. If I had the option of high-speed I would go for it, but it's not offered up here in the boonies :dazed:

Mikadoo does have a valid point though, if possible a 'turbo' on the site speed would be appreciated :D . Hey, it's worth asking for :blush:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
A complete manufacturer and services link page?

Spel chekker wude bee gud 2...as flyin-lowe pointed out

A trip destinations forum?
[/b]
OH GREAT GURU OF THE S.W.-PLEASE HOOK US UP WITH THE MANUFACTURER'S SERVICE PAGES-I DOUBT IF THEY'LL GIVE IT UP-BUT-YA NEVER KNOW.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.
ALSO-WE'RE PROBABLY DUE FOR SOME NEW EMOTIOACONS=AND MABE A SSPEEL CHECK FOR THE BARKEEP :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Have you ever thought of approaching or have been approached by ADVERTISERs :huh: to help offset the cost of this site to your pocket book?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Ok I got a good one, how about when you post a pic it will be viewed automatically at a larger size instead of having to click on the pic to get it blown up. Maybe a 600 x 450 size would work?
The pic would like this instead of the second :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
wouldnt that kill the guys on dial up? dont want that to happen but it is a good idea....

corey what if we can get a texas holdem poker game on the site, so we can go in and play with our fellow sledders.... no money involved though

21 - 40 of 127 Posts