Snowmobile World banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
What was taken away as far as standard features, Jim?
[/b]
The amount of pictures a person is allowed to upload. I know, I need to just become a paying member and get over it, but this just rubbed me the wrong way. Now if I want to post a pic, I have to go delete some in another thread.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
The amount of pictures a person is allowed to upload. I know, I need to just become a paying member and get over it, but this just rubbed me the wrong way. Now if I want to post a pic, I have to go delete some in another thread.
[/b]
Are you thinking that members have always had unlimited upload space and this was taken away?

There has always been an upload limit for members, and I have continually bumped that limit up each year per users' requests. The unlimited upload space was added as a perk for SM's, since images are a cost to the site in terms of bandwidth.

There are over 40,000 images in the server upload folder right now and they account for better than 70% of disk space and bandwidth used in the forums. My opinion is that it is not unreasonable to limit member uploads to 7 megs for each user.

The limit does two things: 1) It keeps members mindful of the size (or unnecessary size) of images they do upload, and 2) it allows users to easily manage their own attachments so I do not have to. The limit plays an important role in keeping attachments at bay without the need to have the staff overwhelmed doing the same.

If you do not agree, let's please continue this discussion and reach a solution. How much space do you feel members should get? I will tell you that if I gave everyone that wanted it 50 megs each, the server would run out of space in no time and I would be scrambling to add not only more drives, but additional costs in bandwidth.

Comments?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Please elaborate...
[/b]
the advertisements on top of the page. a feature where you could scroll through them all. i have wanted to use the link to their site and had a hard time finding the one i was looking for at the time i needed it.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
the advertisements on top of the page. a feature where you could scroll through them all. i have wanted to use the link to their site and had a hard time finding the one i was looking for at the time i needed it.
[/b]
We definitely can at least add a list of sponsors page with links to all advertisers.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
160 X 160 now implemented. Feedback forum added to Classifieds area
[/b]
Thanks , the feedback forum will bring good things to this site. Instead of someone saying those guys at SW are a bunch of rip offs . It will single out the bad apples and save our site from being flag as a bad place. Let the guy that stiffs someone take the heat.

HMM BIGGER AVI.. time to go play :whistling:

thanks again

rick

121 - 127 of 127 Posts