Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the new saturn suv  has a transmishion
desined around the same princible as a snowmobile.

I wonder what mods to the helix it will need
maybe I will call goodwin ..

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Haha...yeah..I bet Greg has got a kit packaged already! Imagine the holeshot you could clutch it for! LOL

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
land crusher,
 i think the belt drive is only with the 4 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I belive that volvo is also going to have the same thing.

actualy I think a computer will controll the engagement.

but rer would be great

·
Registered
858 Posts
I always hoped that bombardier would try in the auto business, maybe this could be an incentive since they know allot about this kind of technology (belt transmission). They already have ATV's, snowmobiles, planes, trains, outboard motors, boats, personal watercraft (seadoo's), motorcycles and electric cars and all of their products are very innovative. If they put their minds to it, bombardier could make great cars.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Friend works down my Detroit, has been doing destructive testing on this sytem for over a year now. I can give some details on what I know. It uses a steel belt in a oil bath of ATF. The belt has vey many small links, like a chain case chain but much smaller links. Thousands of them. The belt can bend in the middle. The belts are very strong, and the life of the sytem has been in 150,000 miles. They just plain out try to destroy these things!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
wait till they have the cvt in a big diesel truck  
.daimler has one that they say will hold up to the cummins.800MXZ is correct, remember a few months ago I said many manufac. are working on the cvt.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
"What does a snowmobile and a saturn suv have.

PLASTIC, THERE BOTH MADE OF PLASTIC...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts