Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is everyone's plans for the summer? Mine is to start to restore my 96 XLT 600. Maybe restore is a wrong word. I plan to replace all the coolant hoses and clean up the engine bay, have the manifold and pipe powder coated, stud the tracks on both my Polairs. Maybe restore is the right word....lets hear what everyones doin!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
new C&A xt skis (7 1/4 inches wide they are awesome), tunnel and rail extension to 136, 136 by 2 track (use for mountains and the UP only), graphite hyfax, new custom made exchanger system (me and a little help from van amburgent), new fly racing bars, new windshield, skid relocation with drop brackets, new ski IQ spring, new torsion springs, new torsion adjuster blocks, shock rebuilds, steering post alinement (cut and wld up myself), more chassis reenforcements, pull small dent on pipe, ceramic coat pipes if still have money, dual EGT sensor if still have money. thats about it i think. all everything takes now is time and money, you can do anything with enough time and money.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I will be polishing my new sled all summer, building from the ground up an Indy 500 with parts hanging around from two old 500's and an xcr 600. Full xtra 10 suspension swap (just finished the rear) with an xc seat with wrap around tailights.

All this inbetween rebuilding the top end on my dirt bike, finishing building my watersled, and dirt biking as much as possible.

The busier you are the quicker winter comes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Work on making another child with My wife. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
So what is everyone's plans for the summer? Mine is to start to restore my 96 XLT 600. Maybe restore is a wrong word. I plan to replace all the coolant hoses and clean up the engine bay, have the manifold and pipe powder coated, stud the tracks on both my Polairs. Maybe restore is the right word....lets hear what everyones doin![/b]

if you need an engine to rebuild with all that work, let me know ill drop mine off ;-D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Let's see... I'll probably do some skinny-dipping, streaking... OH! You meant mechanically! Sorry, LOL. J/K.

Nothing for snowmobiles, thank-you. I work one season at a time. I spend too much money during the summertime to spend one cent on the snowmobile; I spend enough on that during the winter. I'm into antique cars (still have to get around to doing mine up; weather/money/attitude permiting, LOL) and motorcycles. So there's licensing fees, insurance fees, GAS... and I'd like to get a new summer toy. Perhaps a dirt bike, but I'm still thinking about it. Who knows, I might make a new female friend some day... then I'll have no money to spend anyway, LOL.

Besides, summer has ALWAYS been my season. Snowmobile will always be my "new" sport until I die... well... I've yet to get fully onboard with the boating scene...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Let's see. My summer. Last couple of months I've been kinda tuff on my equipment. Gonna need some/time money to get ready for fall in this camp.

Just won an 800 XC crankshaft bid on ebay, so now I can put my '02 XC 800 back together, while I'm waiting for carb slides for the 800 XCR to get off of of back order at Polaris. Need a new set of those because the ones in it now are letting go (look out XCR guys, that's not unusual!). Found pieces of one of them in the air box after noticing it was running kinda funny. The good news is, thankfully, none of the pieces made it past the reeds.

These sleds are both getting up there in miles. Polaris has nothing available for the big sled freaks, and I've been wanting to try out a 4 stroke, so I jumped ship, joined the 4 stroke crowd at Yamaha with an 07 Apex RTX a couple of weeks ago.

Thought I might get a ride in with the new sled up in Seney this last weeekend, so last Thursday a buddy and I are headed up to ride with a local buddy of his. Weather was really nasty, but we've been driving in that kind of stuff for a long time. 5 miles east of town my buddy looses control of the rig we are in (4x4 Suburban/2 place inline R&R trailer) when a big gust of wind hit us as we left a wooded area for one out in the open. We swing back and forth a few times, end up rolling the trailer with my new (uninsured) sled in it. Turned that into a ball of broken plastic, but we're both OK. Been roamin the ditches collecting cans to pay for that mess ever since..... Hoping it's worth it, haven't been able to ride it much yet. Scared to touch any of the other toys lately..... -Al

·
Registered
657 Posts
Let's see. My summer. Last couple of months I've been kinda tuff on my equipment. Gonna need some/time money to get ready for fall in this camp.

Just won an 800 XC crankshaft bid on ebay, so now I can put my '02 XC 800 back together, while I'm waiting for carb slides for the 800 XCR to get off of of back order at Polaris. Need a new set of those because the ones in it now are letting go (look out XCR guys, that's not unusual!). Found pieces of one of them in the air box after noticing it was running kinda funny. The good news is, thankfully, none of the pieces made it past the reeds.

These sleds are both getting up there in miles. Polaris has nothing available for the big sled freaks, and I've been wanting to try out a 4 stroke, so I jumped ship, joined the 4 stroke crowd at Yamaha with an 07 Apex RTX a couple of weeks ago.

Thought I might get a ride in with the new sled up in Seney this last weeekend, so last Thursday a buddy and I are headed up to ride with a local buddy of his. Weather was really nasty, but we've been driving in that kind of stuff for a long time. 5 miles east of town my buddy looses control of the rig we are in (4x4 Suburban/2 place inline R&R trailer) when a big gust of wind hit us as we left a wooded area for one out in the open. We swing back and forth a few times, end up rolling the trailer with my new (uninsured) sled in it. Turned that into a ball of broken plastic, but we're both OK. Been roamin the ditches collecting cans to pay for that mess ever since..... Hoping it's worth it, haven't been able to ride it much yet. Scared to touch any of the other toys lately..... -Al[/b]
Whaaa!!!! I feel your pain!!! No way!!! Maybe next time haul it with a 4,600lbs Jeep instead??? LOL, j/k. G'luck getting things straightened out. I could say you have all summer to pay for it... but that's not exactly positive thinking either. :(

·
Registered
3,679 Posts

Thought I might get a ride in with the new sled up in Seney this last weeekend, so last Thursday a buddy and I are headed up to ride with a local buddy of his. Weather was really nasty, but we've been driving in that kind of stuff for a long time. 5 miles east of town my buddy looses control of the rig we are in (4x4 Suburban/2 place inline R&R trailer) when a big gust of wind hit us as we left a wooded area for one out in the open. We swing back and forth a few times, end up rolling the trailer with my new (uninsured) sled in it. Turned that into a ball of broken plastic, but we're both OK. Been roamin the ditches collecting cans to pay for that mess ever since..... Hoping it's worth it, haven't been able to ride it much yet. Scared to touch any of the other toys lately..... -Al[/b]
Oh my God, that's horrible! Absolutely horrible. I can just imainge what was going through your mind as the trailer started swaying, and when it was rolling. And then, of course, as you were opening up the trailer to see the carnage.

I'm sure all of us who read about your expirience shudder at the thought of that happening, but glad to hear you're ok.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Finish my garage / shop, rebuild a members troublesome 600 and finish my basement so my monsters have a place to destroy other than the rest of my house.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My plans are to rebuild my elan and sell my indy trial and buy a quad. Next winter all try and find a good used seld with more cc.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dang hicks, that sounds terrible, and I'm thinking I had a bad weekend doing my 1040. Of course, wrecked plastic sounds like a good excuse for custom paint. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd be sick if my sleds were damaged. I'd like to start working on my truck. It's in need of some new steel in it. Rebuild is cheaper then new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts