Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For gods sake guys.  I'm not a tree hugger by any means, but i am 16, and i want a world left when i get older.  The tree huggers have their place, if it wasn't for them than this world would be a garbage dump.  

It would be nice if everyone could just do the best thing, but it isnt that way, so we have extremests on bolth sides.  There is people dont give a rats behind about the enviroment, and than there is the tree huggers.  They ballance out in the end.  

just my $.02

- Jason

·
Registered
428 Posts
Very well put Mr. Siv but i think we all are for the trying to preserve the enviroment but we also need to defend our sport. With all the things the manufactures are doing to clean up emissions we  have to show their efforts. Also like you said there are extremists on both sides that balance it out, take one away and that one loses.

·
Registered
16 Posts
but think of it this way, its frustrating that year to year people have to worry if trails are going to stay open because just one person thinks its wrong and accuses every one that is snowmobiling that it is wrong, without them knowing any facts about snowmobiling.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't think anybody is out to get the environmentalists. People just dont like extremists who try to ban the use of snowmobiles and other motor sports alltogether. I agree that they pollute alot and that the companies should do more to reduce emissions but not ban everything with a motor inside. I consider myself an environmentalist and I don't think that anything was written on this forum that insults me. Anyway, how many so called environmentalist have never taken a car or bus or anything else using gas in their lives.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What's the problem with environmentalist, you ask?  They are Communist's, plain and simple.

They want to tell me and you how to live, what we can and can't do.  In their mind we aren't smart enough to take care of ourselves, much less the environment.

That said, it is up to all of us to do our part to take care of nature.  Litterbugs are my biggest pet peeve!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
It bothers me when people have so much time on ther hands that they sit and criticize my lifestyle. Just because I eat meat, use a leather football and shoes and drink milk, somehow I am a monster. Throw in the snow rocket and I am the devil incarnate aparently..That is my beef with that type of activist (can I use the word "beef" -- they may not like that..)  

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
These people are going after more and more every year.If someone don't put a stop to it you will beable to do nothing but sit at home in a chair stairing at the blank walls and they would find away to say that that is not good for the enviroment either.Yes we need people to help control littering and hazzerdus wast but they are tring to take our rights away.they want to close all parks to everything to preserve our beutiful back country but what good is it if you cannot even get there to see it.I agree with somethings no1 is aftermarket race pipes on the trails,this fould be strongly enforced but do not bann al of us because of a couple of bad apples.

·
Registered
300 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr Siv @ Jan. 16 2002, 3:00pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For gods sake guys.  I'm not a tree hugger by any means, but i am 16, and i want a world left when i get older.  The tree huggers have their place, if it wasn't for them than this world would be a garbage dump.  

It would be nice if everyone could just do the best thing, but it isnt that way, so we have extremests on bolth sides.  There is people dont give a rats behind about the enviroment, and than there is the tree huggers.  They ballance out in the end.  

just my $.02

- Jason[/b][/quote]
Do you honestly think that environmentalist help preserve nature?  In my area they banned snowmobiles on a route used for 80 years.  In it's place they laid down miles of blacktop w/ tables and port-a-potties on it.   This goes right by 3 lakes, the same lakes that motor boats are supposidly polluting.   This route was constructed so that people could enjoy nature.  I don't know about you but walking/running/biking/blading down a tar strip is not my idea of preserving or enjoying nature.

Like said earlier, we all need to do our part.  We DO NOT need wacko's voicing there extremest style ideas.   For every finger they point there's 3 pointing right back because you can almost guarentee they violate there own rules in one way or another.

·
Registered
686 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr Siv @ Jan. 15 2002, 4:00pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The tree huggers have their place, if it wasn't for them than this world would be a garbage dump.  

- Jason[/b][/quote]
This is one of the problems. They tell everyone that they are singlehandedly saving the world. Don't buy into it just because they say it!! In the big picture what have they actually done other than take away things that people enjoy doing for recreation? Or even worse they have caused the loss of thousands of jobs with their political agendas. Oddly enough they live in houses made of wood and drive vehicles that use oil and gas and fly in planes etc.

·
Registered
625 Posts
There is a difference between an Environmentalist (person concerned about the environment who bases his/her opinions on FACT) and an EXTREMIST.......problem is many Environmental Extremists call themselves environmentalist and hide behind that shield. The TRUE environmentalists have their place, we must go to bat against the extremists.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ya,  there's nothing them tree-huggers hate worse than a fresh cow-pie on their blacktopped bicycle path

It leaves a nice yellow streak down their back's.

That's why cattle have to be banned, as well.  In their opinion.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well I guess I'm an environmentalists, I believe in keeping the land free of garbage and negative human influence. What I'm not is and extremist. I love to hunt, snowmobile, and ATV. But I do hate dumb asses that feel that they can throw their beer cans, candy wrappers, and overall gabage all over the trail because they're to dam lazy to throw it in the garbage can!!! All it takes is a few stupid people to give the extremist a reason to hate us all. (same gaos for all you nit wits with loud exhaust's)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hate the damn fools always have always will.Just as bad as liberal democrats,want to take away every right,every freedom that made America what it is today.Sorry made it quick and to the point.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think that the reason snowmobiles get singled out is because they are a kind of minority in the world of pollution and there is no way that the environmentalists are going to get the use of cars or jets banned so they go after the smallest pray. And on the noise issue it's the same thing.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
enviro's are not that bad although some of them shouldn't predict weather and how it is affecting polar bears. last year the enviro group were saying how pollution caused the severe winter now they are saying pollution is causing the warm winter.
most of the extremists with no real job are the problem and if they work i pity the employer. the extremist is very selfish as they say it is okay to be gay and second class to smoke, but you see the same jerks at a cigar party. if i smoke {i don't} who am i killing ? but if i am gay i am spreading std's around society maybe they should look at that.
anyways since they are selfish and they point their fingers at others eventually they paint themselves into the corner so we don't have to worry because when you do something for selfish reasons it always come back and bites you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll admit it that some tree huggers are doing some things that are good for our enviroment and our little animal friends.
However the extremists are unyeilding in their effort to destroy our sport and are giving us a bad reputation.

I have a friend who is a die-hard tree hugger that ironically owns and operates a sawmill!! He tells me that he only takes a few trees that are too close to others or are going to be cut down anyway on a house lot. Then he saws them up and sells the wood to craftsmen who make fine furniture from it.
Now to me he seems to be okay with this as long as there is a profit in it.

I wonder if the extremists who got the snowmobile trails closed and paved over also owned the asphalt plant?

Even the extremist will agree that a healthy enviroment is a profitable one.

·
Registered
203 Posts
EAT MOOSE AND SHOOT WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on, the true environmentalists is us, and the hunters and off-roaders. Thats the true conservationists, it's just a few bad apples in the past have caused us all of these problems........

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
You guys are absolutely right.  It’s not the "environmentalists" it’s the damn extremists.  They take credit for everything, when in reality, its us every day people who enjoy the environment that are making the day to day improvements for everyone in the world.

Like I said before, we learn from our mistakes, and make things better.  Sometimes it just takes time to learn that what were doing is a mistake.  But overall, were learning and moving in the right direction.  Extremists or not.

FishHog

·
Registered
126 Posts
The problem with most average Americans is they are selfish. They consider what is best for themselves regardless on the impact on anyone else. Isn't that obvious with how rude most people are when they drive? Most people don't give 2 shi#s about someone they don't know. Sure, shey may take care of their family, and maybe occasionally show an interest in a co-worker, but for the most part, people are a rude, nasty group.
    Now, maybe you don't care about the bla-bla-bla owl and it's habitat. All you want to do is cut a few trees and build a house. Let that owl find a new tree. well, some people take offense with that. Take a bunch of drunken, rowdy, got no respect for anyone else, trailer trash loosers on snowmobiles. They throw their garbage in your backyard, blast through your town like a speed limit was just for cars, ride drunk at 3 oclock in the morning and wake up your kids, and have virtually no cares in the world. The second one of those owl lovers speaks up, they are wrong. A lot of you make the bed you have to lie in and then ##### about it. You can't do that. If you want your freedoms, rights, and privileges (last I knew, riding a snowmobile was a privilege, not a right), you have to respect the freedoms, rights, and privileges of others, whether you agree with them or not. A lot of you know that private land owners grant access to their land for snowmobile trails. Many of these land owners never have and never will ride a snowmobile. They are trying to be kind and accomodate the lifestyles of others. Then everyone abuses the privilege and rides off the trails, dump garbage, and ride late at night. The next year the land owner says "no thanks, not this year". How many times have you seen or heard of that?
    It is correct that the extremists ruin things, but there are extremists on all sides, not just the environmentalists or the do-gooders. There are far more damaging extremists out there. Some of you are probably riding with them. Some of you are them. Man is his own worst enemy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts