Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lookaround:

Hi all:

I bought a sled a couple of weeks ago that was sitting in a front lawn for quite a bit of the long, hot summer. Needless to say I got a good deal after I let it "age" for a month before making an offer. It is registered as a 1988; however the serial # plate identifies it as a 1987. It has a Rotax 500 fan (oil-injected), strut front suspension and the model is a "Stratos". The thing is in really good condition and starts on the 1st pull but there were a few things I needed to fix on it. When I started looking around on the internet and Mfgr's Supply I could find almost NOTHING related to this sled. The speedo and odometer are "metric first" - is this an obscure model marketed to Quebec-only? Is there an identical model under a different name that has interchangeable parts? Thank you for any info you have.
-Adam

·
Registered
93 Posts
No it's a reg sled built in 87-88. What kinda parts are you looking for? Royal up here in Can seems to have lotsa stuff listed for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I'm back on the project - anyways I need carb flanges and a secondary clutch I was hoping to find a place in that sells the parts in the US . I found some used carb flanges (from a local parts-sled) but those are in rough shape too and look like they will crack easily. Thank you for your reply! The snow's fallin' here and my lawn is tracked-out. One more week of muzzle-loadin' then the trails open here!

No it's a reg sled built in 87-88. What kinda parts are you looking for? Royal up here in Can seems to have lotsa stuff listed for it.[/b]

·
Registered
137 Posts
try recleisure.com and like he said royal is good. Click on the winter catalog link at www.recleisure.com and it should list everything for sleds. The catalog is pretty much just like royals. Way bigger than mfg supply.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same as a escapade....... Most parts are available you just have to spend more time looking for them. I owned a 88 had a lot of fun on it.

brew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts