Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Z Sno Pro, I have 96 studs in it but will have to probably take about 20 out to meet the new rule (haven't checked yet). I just bought a new pair of C&A pro race ski and was wondering what the best carbide sizes are. At the race school this past weekend I bought the AC 5/8" host bar with 10 inches of carbide without hardweld. Does Woody's make the carbides for Arctic Cat, because it is in AC packaging? I don't see why the 8 inch ones with hardweld cost more, do they really last a lot longer and work better?? Can I have a welding shop put some hardweld in front and behind the carbide, or would this make them illegal for racing. I guess its a little too late for me to change my setup, but just wondering what most people run and what works the best.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I ran Woody's 10" competition carbides a few years ago and now run Stud Boy G-Force 9" and really like them. I was supposed to switch to the SHaper Bars but the NWC orginization haven't decided if they will allow them. First the said yes and now they are unsure. These are run on Ultra Flex III skis.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Krash, You absolutely need to check with your race organization regarding the studs. ASRA has stated that non-current sleds will fall under the old rules. I.E. if it was legal last year its legal this year. Also if your curcuit allows Stud Boy shaper bars thats the way to go if you have an '02 Cat. Oh you said yours is a fan cooled? Still the shaper bars are awsome!!!!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
kinda going along with the topic...i bought a pair of C&A sport skis...sent w/a set of woodys....never ran woodys before... always ran with roetins xpr-1's i think (6in. 60 degree)...the ? is do any other makes other than woodys work on C&A's??? will roetins work....??? thanks-INDY :thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am sure Roetin makes a bar for the C&A skis but not positive. Check with your local dealer. I looked at the Hi-Performance Engineering website and they don't list any for C&A but I would be very surprised if Roetin doesn't make them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts