Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IIf we could hold off for a couple of years on new machines things could change for the better as far as price, options ,etcbut this would take a combined effort from everybody fron all brands.
I also know for a fact that sleds don't come even close in manufacturing price to what we have to pay for them.I know we could buy these things for a couple grand less if the manufactures were not tring to rake us over the coals.
We are the consumers and with out us the manufactures would have nothing and they should listen to us and not the other way around.We are their bosses

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
snorat,
 right on, i have a sneaky suspicion that the rev would not be ready for the showroom floor if not for the terrible season. they need it to fuel sales for another terrible season, could you imagine the warranty costs that would be saved introducing an all new sled with no snow.  

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think about this one for the Cat guys.

Cat builds a new machine but gives you suspension options stiffer shocks and a deeper track then they say to get these thing you have to anty up and empty the wallet.

The F sleds should come with mandatory clickers all the way around with no added price.and people could use the extra money for new riding gear.Also the fact that it does not cost cat much more than 10 bucks (estimated)for clickers over the reg. it does not compute to the high price.
   The claimed new tech on these new machines from Cat and Doo And maybe Polaris does not equal the overly inflated prices of these machines.
    Also why should  these machines cost so much mre when the employees are not getting payed more or the fact that the average paycheck for us consumers has not been inflated as fast as prices of products.
    This goes with every thing that people buy Cars trucks Suvs etc.But we just anty up and pay what ever they want because we will and they know it. Kind of like ,if we build it for the same price as it costs for last years model and make it look better,then tack on another grand or 2 people will buy it because they are ignorant and don't know anybetter.

We are only to blame for this kind of BS from manufacturers because we fall for it every time ."It looks new and it costs more but I have to have it because I am me."

The manufacturers are also worried about flooding the market so to cure this they bump the prices up but build the same amount of that product.Why not build fewer and leave cost alone.They don't loose anything more this way because to build fewer you don't need as much matirial etc as you would if you built more.

People should just live with what they have for a few years and let the factories know what they are doing and tell them that we are not going to be there suckers anymore and if they do not shape up ship out.

We have to take a stand because things are getting out of control.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
hmm....organize millions of sledders into a boycot of 2 years?? An ambitious project to say the least...but maybe if you throw in a free BigMac

That would keep me from thinking of buying a sled for 1.78 minutes...
(approximately
)

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
rocketman,
 it would be longer then that because right after rotten ronnies you'll have to have a poo poo.  

·
Registered
416 Posts
and a guy your size probably takes a big poo-poo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It does suck to put out the big bucks for a new sled. But I think they price it for supply and demand. Maybe walmart should start selling sleds.  

·
Registered
165 Posts
hay rocketman  ill boycot with you (couse im broke)
so we only need 999,999.99 moore! who 's in

·
Registered
416 Posts
Only if I get the free Big Mac, and maybe some super-sized fries. Then I am in

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
zrt600mtncat,
 yes you are right but it goes too far, everyone wants to make the huge loot.
 i am not going to name the automobile manufacturer or the model, but a friend of mine works for a firm as purchaser. he has told me some of the prices of certain parts they purchase for cars and the one that stuck in my mind was the hood of one model. the cost to the manufacturer is $6.00ish canadian, so i asked what i could buy the hood for at a parts counter where i can buy for trade price that relates to cost plus 20% and the cost to me is $450.00ish canadian for the same hood at manufacturer cost is about $6.00.
 i'm back from my nephews birthday party.
where does the money go from cost of the manufacturer to cost of the retailer ? i don't know what retail on the hood is but cost to the dealer is about $370.00. a $360.00 markup for paperwork on an about $6.00 item, that is the problem.
 someone might say the government should step in but the problem i can see here is the big companies are being run like the government.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I currently work in a production facility and know that a certain product that is produced costs 100.00 That includes time spent to assemble and materials but the costomer cost is 1500.00 for the same product.The average employee wage in the plant is 10.50 an hour.This is just one example of over inflated costs.

This kind of thing does go on through out the production world.

·
Registered
625 Posts
There are tons of examples like this, for example I can remember seeing on tv that ford made $15000 dollars U.S. for each Expedition it produced.....and for a while they sold all they could make. I for one cannot blame these companies for doing this, because we the consumers let it happen time and again. These companies have their obligation to the shareholders (owners) of these companies, thereby making their job to maximize profit for them plain and simple. Until we decide it is not worth 8-9 thousand bucks for fun, this will continue. This is why I buy used, I cannot stomach paying 9K dollars for a snowmobile, when I can buy a 2 year old machine with under 1k miles for around $3500 bucks, probably less this spring the way things are going. The latest and greatest just is not that important to me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think sled manufactors are workin together on the pricing issue. Prices are ridiculous. But we are still gonna continue to pay cause we love the sport

1 - 14 of 14 Posts