Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do we have here, it was born7/73 model 4305, it only sas moto ski, the hood colors are gray with white and orange stripes. 440

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what do we have here, it was born7/73 model 4305, it only sas moto ski, the hood colors are gray with white and orange stripes. 440[/b]
anyone near madison wi. have a good running engine for this sled it's a cuyuna.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I believe the cuyuna engine were scorpion engines. The moto-ski's in 73 used a variety of engines, BSE being one of them I think ski-doo bought out moto in 74 and then it was rotax engines. Kevin

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the cuyuna engine were scorpion engines. The moto-ski's in 73 used a variety of engines, BSE being one of them I think ski-doo bought out moto in 74 and then it was rotax engines. Kevin[/b]
YES i mite be wrong on the cuyuna, me and my boys got this out of the woods on are land was left by old owners,(sitting out ther for years) my boys are 6 9 11 got me to drag out ,and thay cleaned it up pretty good (WARNING!!! if you pulling a old seat off in the woods..(THE WOOD BASE AND SEAT WAS ROTTEN SO I USED A SHUVEL TO RIP IT OFF) make shure there are'nt 25-30 mice in there because they jumped out of ther like a cartoon scatter,, i seen mice that can jump 8 feet in the air. my jacket was part open and one jumped in, it was HILARIOUS. Im going to go back out ther and see if its bse, was not much marking on that engine. Thank you Dave. anyone have engine cheap ill buy it.(ther is a little silver box with a yellow wire coming out it on chassie under hood.anyone know what it is my boys ripped all of the wire harness out)

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 4305 goes to a 74 Futura 440

·
Registered
741 Posts
The silver box with one lone yellow wire is the voltage regulator. The sled will run without it but all your lightbulbs will burn out in a matter of seconds. Kevin

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The silver box with one lone yellow wire is the voltage regulator. The sled will run without it but all your lightbulbs will burn out in a matter of seconds. Kevin[/b]
OOOOOOOOO thats what that box does , so i could just run it back in the wiring?? Thank you Dave

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just hook back up to another yellow wire. All should be good. Here is a pic of my 73 moto-ski f-440 Kevin

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts