Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be the best pipes to buy for a 2000 mxz700? and would they work on a dpm? i need a new exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
For trail riding keep a single pipe, or else dont forget the EGT Gauge and plan to do alot of jetting changes, Actually if you are going to doo any mods get an EGT gauge anyhow.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You will be happier by just leaving it stock.  Clutch it right, and it will run very strong.   Trust me, I have numerous hours and countless setups trying to get the twin pipes to perform the same on different days.  They are very finicky to temperature.   Unless you are an excellent tuner, stick with stock.  Here is a start for clutching as no two sleds run the same.   54-48 Helix, 17.4 grams of pin weight, Goodwin Blue secondary spring, at 19-20 lbs.  B-5.  230-380 primary spring, clicker on #3 or wherever you get 7800 rpm's.  287 ramps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would keep it stock, but my stock pipe is shot, so i'm looking for a good set up for raw power.thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
whatever you get please make sure it is quiet.  We are already losing too many riding areas to loud pipes.  Not to mention it is the single biggest complaint about sleds.  Good luck to ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts