Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Edit) i ment to say powdersled not power sled in the title (edit)

next year im gonna be gettin a new sled hopfully brand new but i was thinking about a long track.. maybe a 136? i dont need a 141 or 151 those are too big but i was thinking about a 136 with a 1.5 inch track but what size engine should i get i have some rather large hills and the snow can get deep in the bottoms but what do i need right now i have my ext 550 shorty

danny

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Put rail extensions or a different skid into you zert 600! Some light weight parts and you'll have a great sled with plenty of power and handling.
Caleb

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont need anything that bigi just want somehting with alittle more traction for the hills and if i decide to go on any trips up north so i woul stand a chance.. the most snow i would see at one time is about 2-3 feet of it and the chances of that are not very good so i would think that a 136 with a 1.5 and studs? with a.. 600cc i was almost thiking about a ski-doo ??? i would like o stay with cat so maybe a mountain cat? i like the looks of the mxz long tracks though

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great powder machines need
1 2" track the longer the better
2 Power
3 lite weight

In 95 Skidoo came out with a 670 and a 1.25 track, our Phazers with 1 1/2" paddles would kill it in powder. Get it track, power, weight. when we put a 2" paddle track on the Summit it was all over for the Phazer. Still a great little machine though.

Heres my "97" 600 XC 430 LB Skilaris with a 670/720 165 hp engine. I built this machine from scratch.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see snow.. more snow then 1 person needs... you must share with the rest its .. a LAW NOW SHARE!!!! :D

looks like the type of sled im lookin for.. looks great

danny

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i dont need a 2 inch track ill never have enough snow for that last year i was riding in 2 inchs cuz i got so desperate and the length a 151 would be way more then i need a 144 at the most
but what am i lookin at for cost on say a new/new used

1 - 11 of 11 Posts