Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes you want to snowmobile? Is it the scenery, friends, the power of your throttle, the powder under you, getting away? I know it could be all of the above, but what is it you look forward too when you know your going to go?

For me, I do love fresh snow to make new tracks on, I also love the atmosphere when a bunch of people get together talking sleds and trails ect...

and of course, it's all my friends who can relate to the passion of this sport !

BUT, I think one of the best things about snowmobiling is how you can forget everyday stresses when you put on your helmet, it's like magic as everything goes away even if it's just for a few minutes. :thumbsup:
[attachment=36587:100_0086.jpg]
Snow4

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just love the fact that you are out in the middle of nowhere, with your best friends and riding machines in deep powder. Also, the rush of riding is great!
It is a great moment for me, to not only realize the beauty of nature, but have an activity that me and my friends can enjoy toegether.

-Frank

·
Registered
39 Posts
Snowmobiling is my Passion. There's nothing like being someplace nobody else can go unless they are doing the same thing. No Bugs, No Heat. The feeling of the Frozen Air in my face when I ride with my visor up. The way the world looks after a new fallen snow. Making new tracks, Cruizing with Slednutts like myself. A blast across a frozen lake. Sitting atop a Moutain looking out over the Scenery below for miles. Kneeling on the seat as I ride down the trail watching the Sled glide through the snow and the skis cutting a path through it. The excitment, The rush, Cruising in total darkness at night, Shutting down the sled in the middle of nowhere and just sitting there listening to nothing but the wind, I could go on forever. It's better than sex.......

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
I love it because it takes a special breed that wants to snowmobile, same with riding motorcycles. Snowmobiling takes you to places you normally do not see providing you with such beautiful scenery. You also have the comradery of fellow snowmobilers that also have the same desire to be there as you. Nothing else compares to it in the world.

Attachments

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
born the son to a rider/racer , I was bred to be the same I guess. other than that anything with an engine w00t .

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I like it because its pretty much the only thing you can do in the snow. Theres nothing like a snowmobile, a 4-wheeler is nothing compared to a snowmobile (IMO)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I just love the fact that you are out in the middle of nowhere, with your best friends and riding machines in deep powder. Also, the rush of riding is great!
It is a great moment for me, to not only realize the beauty of nature, but have an activity that me and my friends can enjoy toegether.

-Frank[/b]
I couldn't have said better myself. :thumbsup: That works for me.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
most have already hit on why i grave snowmobiling. the majestic scenery and atmosphere gives me a feeling of peace i don't seem to encounter any other time of the year. is it snowing yet ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
oh man!!!..just the smell of 2-stroke smoke gets my heart pumpin......its not just a passion..its a way of life.....i have had some money problems and my friends tell me to sell my sleds.......lets just say they arent my friends anymore...... :devil: .....there will be none of that!!!...lol...i give them that look and say "are you retarded??.........thats like saying throw your kid in a garbage can!!!"....lol........if your a snowmobilier....your friends have to be too...thats all there is too it...or at least love sleds.........it helps a lot with stress...my job sucks!!!! ill come home from work sometimes at 12am and be riping clothes off and putting on my riding gear and be out til i cant stand anymore......snow+sled=love!!!.........now im all excited....damn you snow4....lol...we love ya!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
For me its a way to escape from everything and have the freedom to go wherever you want. Kind of. The sled is one thing that I can go out for a nice easy ride by myself and cruise and take in the scenery and have a great time or I can be riding with a group of friends and be having a ball also.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Sledding is a great release where I can get out of control from a career that I have to remain in control too much. The thought of high marking that next mountain run or boondocking a virgin glade. Just kicking back and reflecting the day's events. Just nodding in agreement with MikeD even though with our helmets on and sleds running I can't hear a darn thing he's saying LOL

·
10,054 Posts
Life is stressful,,,, thats a fact. when you gear up, get on, and fire it up,,,,, there is NO stress. I can go out and run the trail by myself all day, I can ride with a group of 20 friends,,,, it doesnt matter,,,, its a great way to clear the mind,,,, now, in about 5 months, theres a chance I can clear my mind once again,,,,

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Life is stressful,,,, thats a fact. when you gear up, get on, and fire it up,,,,, there is NO stress. I can go out and run the trail by myself all day, I can ride with a group of 20 friends,,,, it doesnt matter,,,, its a great way to clear the mind,,,, now, in about 5 months, theres a chance I can clear my mind once again,,,,[/b]
How true is that Brian? Geeez it's amazing how your head get's cleared when you ride. Oh sure the stress of life will pop up once in awhile as you go down a long flat stretch but it goes away just as fast as it came.

Snow4

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like it because it makes me feel like a kid again... I am usually grinning ear to ear under my helmet and talking to myself saying things like "this is GREAT!" "awesome, groomed smoothie!", "perfect temp".. etc. etc.... I don't know why, but I've never been cold on a sled, is that just our riding gear? or the excitement of sledding... When I'm NOT sledding on a winter day, I get cold... very strange... I also think a snowmobile is like the ultimate sports car, just on snow...The power of todays sleds is mind boggling compared to what was the norm in the early 70's. You can't NOT smile every time you crack the throttle.. I really hope science is wrong and global warming will stop or reverse in our lifetime and we will continue to be able to enjoy the sport.

·
Registered
795 Posts
STRESS is gone :D I always try to find a way to get out. I never make plans in the winter unless it is to do with snowmobiling. I like after a ride & someone tells me that I smell. I laugh & tell them that it is my calone. I look forward to riding new places & meeting people that enjoy this sport as much as I do. I like to say the cold but I would ride in any temp. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts