Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get an idea from others on what your choice of chassis might be for the MXZ lineup.  

I personally would really like to see the RAS A-arms on a ZX-x chassis...you?  Maybe this will be in the 2004 lineup

I look forward to your responses...

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Picture it: An 800 triple/triple in the ZX chassis with A-arms! It could hapen boys it could happen!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wanted the ZXX chassis with the "X" option.
Guess I'll have to settle for the red Adrenaline for a new sled.  Glad they brought back the all red paint scheme, now just gotta save for a set of front piggy back shox.  400 bux a piece
seems kinda steep.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The A arm front end would be pretty cool on my ZX.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like the concept of the REV but it is #### ugly. I think a zx chassis with a-arms would looks sweet and perform.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
They really should do away with trailing-arm suspension.  It isn't supposed to work.  It has zero degrees of freedom.  The only reason these suspensions move is because of material flex and tolerances.  In Utopia this type of suspension would be a rigid structure.  Linkages can get complicated, and the snowmobile manufacturers really messed up on this one.  I say, A-arms all the way!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I only care what a sled looks like from the drivers view...but the a arm on the zx chassis would be ok but the current trailing arm works great and the zx chassis would need a stronger bulkhead = more wieght... the only issue i have with the rev is putting more side panel tie down straps on for side hilling and carving in the powder and also if you where to get in a nasty roll it would not throw a yard sale

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
dfi800~  That is an excellent point!  I went with the Rev.  I am faithful to that beauty!  No rev for my this year though
Looking forward to next year!  

·
Registered
858 Posts
After ridding it, REV all the way  
 When I went to test it, one guy managed to barrel roll one and the only thing that happened is the windshield poped out, he poped in back in place and continued.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
AC~  That's Ski-Doo for you! My sled was put on its side twice and nothing happened.  A guy I know has a 2000 ZR 600 and he rolled it at 75 mph.  He cracked his hood pretty good.  He asked me how my sled would hold up if I rolled it at 75.  I said "it wouldn't have a scratch on it!"  The truth is that IT WON'T!  Take a look at the 97' Promo Ski-doo Lineup video.  They show you what the hood is all about guys!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't want too give Doo a bad image but the Rev hood's look as if they where made out of rubbermade, sounds cheap but look and feel undestructable.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I like the idea of the A arm suspension of the REV, but I'm not to sure about the seating position. Right now I've got a 2001 MXZ 600 and boy did I notice the improvement in handling from my 98 MXZ 500. I wonder what the next generation of Legends and Grand Tourings will use for a front suspension?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I like the idea of the A arm suspension of the REV, but I'm not to sure about the seating position. Right now I've got a 2001 MXZ 600 and boy did I notice the improvement in handling from my 98 MXZ 500. I wonder what the next generation of Legends and Grand Tourings will use for a front suspension?[/b]

WOW! Am I caught in a time warp or what?

It shows Revrnd making the last post today on the main page but when you look at the top of the post on this page, it says he made this post on March 10th 2002.

What gives.

Am I in a Rod Serling's Night Gallery episode? Help!!!! Let me out!!!!
(Boy, that really says lots about my age. LOL)

Jeff

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
WOW! Am I caught in a time warp or what?

It shows Revrnd making the last post today on the main page but when you look at the top of the post on this page, it says he made this post on March 10th 2002.

What gives.

Am I in a Rod Serling's Night Gallery episode? Help!!!! Let me out!!!!
(Boy, that really says lots about my age. LOL)

Jeff[/b]
Me too ! is there a tear in the time / space continuum?. Some mouldy oldies are surfacing from time to time

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Thanks for sticking up for me Mike.

Kinda like the time that guy said you eat poop sandwiches and I told them you don't eat bread. LOL

Jeff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts