Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I used Klotz oil in my Viper, and I liked the smell and it did not burn my eyes. Now have a new sled with a 700EV Polaris motor and do not know if I should stick with Klotz or consider something else like Amsoil.

Amsoil seems to almost be a religion, and I do not know where I can get unbiased answers on it.

I want an oil that is reasonably priced, and allows me to ride all year (2500 mi) and not have to clean the power valves. I do not want it to smoke much so I can see inside my trailer, and I do not want it to sting the eyes of my friends riding behind me.

What are your suggestions?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I think you should use an oil that follows the recomendations from the manufacturer. As long as it is the same rating API/JASO then you are safe for warranty. Klotz and amsoil are both excellent oils. I beleive amsoil has a lower pour point and is much more reasonable if you become a prefered customer. M2C

Last edited by permafrost at Sep 30 2002, 02:39 PM

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Well, I'm with Permafrost.

I don't think you will have any problems with Amsoil, but I've never heard anything bad about Klotz either.

I run Amsoil, since I find it much easier to find. I always wanted to try Klotz, as I hear it smells nice, but have yet to find it for sale.

FishHog

T

·
0 Posts
If you have the Klotz, i would just keep using it. I use Amsoil with excellent results. :p

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stick with the kKtz. You said it worked (which it does) and it smells nice. I have used Klotz and Amsoil Race 2000. They are both excellent oils. I like the smell of the Klotz. Plus, I like the racy red color!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts