Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just found this site from r.s.s and this place is cool. so I finaly upgraded 95fz this year to a 99mach1 and was wondering what you guy`s think is a good silencer.The sled had a dynoport can(he kept that for his new z) that sounded good but 4 of my friends all have them .After some searching I found 2 I like, all with 3 outlets. Sothpecial x out of canada and dne perf .Both look cool I`am wondering if anyone has tried one . I want a good sound not something real loud. thanks jeff

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
MBRP makes a good silencer..the B&B Eliminator. Give them a look MBRP

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a '97 Mach 1, and when the engine was stock, I dynoed a DNE 3 into 1, which I gained about 4 h.p. at the track from 50mph and up but lost about 2-3 h.p. from engagement to 45mph on the track dyno. I also track dynoed a Fast 3 into 3 (3 individual silencers), and gained about 2 h.p. from engagement to 40mph, then lost power, up to 10 h.p. from 50 - 80 mph. I now have it trail ported, shaved head, V-force II's, and engine dynoed 6 more h.p. and 4 ft.-lbs. of torque with a MBRP 3 into 1 muffler as compared to my stock muffler.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I have the B&B Trail Silencer on my 700 mxz and it sounds great not too loud but still has a nice sharp sound when your on the throttle hard.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guy`s thanks for the replys. I also checked out the b&b site and liked it. I just wanted to be different and get a  silencer with 3 outlet`s  you know 3 pipes 3 silencers  maybe that is not the best for power that is why I`am asking  and I tried to spell specialty x   not sothpecial who know`s were that came from
   thanks jeff in nh

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would give my vote to the B&B by MBRP, I put one on my 700 triple this season and it sounds great and still looks like new after 1500 miles, I don't know if I gained any performance but it sounds faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts