Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your favourite sled from 1997-2000. my dad wants to buy a a sled and doesnt know whats good or whats not good? thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
what is your favourite sled from 1997-2000. my dad wants to buy a a sled and doesnt know whats good or whats not good? thanks[/b]
I love my 1997 Arctic Cat Powder Extreme. I use it for almost all mountain and powder riding not much trails but as long as you keep the skid cool it works fine on the trail

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
It's whatever your dad likes! We will all give you a different answers and none of them will be wrong! It will just be our choice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could you give some details as to what kind of riding you guys are in to[/b]
were into riding on the lakes, and trail riding. we dont ride off trail in powder or anything like that. mostly hard packed snow. Also he likes the touring sleds. Thanks

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
were into riding on the lakes, and trail riding. we dont ride off trail in powder or anything like that. mostly hard packed snow. Also he likes the touring sleds. Thanks[/b]
ok thats a start lol , bumpy trails or smooth ? top end speed or accelleration say 20-80 ? distance riders ? tight trails or wide open ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Almost anything 00" if thats your cut off or I'd say08 anything

They get better over the years . Even a fusion was better than a 97 polaris almost anything no matter what they say they all have some kind of problem so go with the newest you can afford.

·
10,054 Posts
a 98 to 00 zrt 600 will give you the ett suspension for a little more comfort, some decent performance with some decent fuel economy for being a triple,,, step up to the 800 or 1000 if your wanting to blast across those lakes,,, that 1000 triple will really stretch its legs running throttle down across a wide open lake,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts