• 1998 VMa 700 triple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY dad wants to buy a sled and he doesnt know what one he wants yet!! can u please give a brief description of why u chose that sled!! thanks

Sorry!! about its supposed to say VMAX instead of VMA

·
Registered
496 Posts
Power Valves , triple triple , who would even need to think about it. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Power Valves , triple triple , who would even need to think about it. :crazy:[/b]
I'm not sure what suspension is in the V-Max, but I'd much prefer an SX over an SRX.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not sure what suspension is in the V-Max, but I'd much prefer an SX over an SRX.[/b]
WHY??
i hear the suspension isnt that good in the srx im 16 and i also just bought a SRX 700 TRiple im 130 lbs and i was wondering what setting i should have the suspension on so i dont kill myslef and also for the best performance. i dont really like bumpy rides, what shoould i do to make the ride smoother for me?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm not sure what suspension is in the V-Max, but I'd much prefer an SX over an SRX.[/b]
In 98 the vmax had the same rear skid as the srx . In 98 you could get the ohlins package on the SRX. The SX-R had long travel front and rear but that didnt come out till 2000.

As for adjustment if you dont have adjustable control rods get some or make them. They help big time to get the track to hook up.

Get the new Snow Tech mag it has a SRX done up right.

·
Registered
57 Posts
MY dad wants to buy a sled and he doesnt know what one he wants yet!! can u please give a brief description of why u chose that sled!! thanks

Sorry!! about its supposed to say VMAX instead of VMA[/b]

none of the above, never liked those sleds that much. Rode both many times, good sleds just never liked anything about them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
SRX. Period. The VMax is a great sled but once you get used to the SRX you'll never look back. I'm 46 and I have a bad back. I still ride a 2001 SRX. There's enough adjustment in the suspension for most riders. The key is to not go mental on the moguls. Ride it like you want to keep it for a while rather than beating the crap out of it just because it has a wicked power!

Yamaholic

·
Registered
354 Posts
SRX. Period. The VMax is a great sled but once you get used to the SRX you'll never look back. I'm 46 and I have a bad back. I still ride a 2001 SRX. There's enough adjustment in the suspension for most riders. The key is to not go mental on the moguls. Ride it like you want to keep it for a while rather than beating the crap out of it just because it has a wicked power!

Yamaholic[/b]
Exactly!

it all depends on your dads riding style.... srx is a speed demon, if your dad is new to sleds this would not be a wise first choice, id go v-max if this was the case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts