Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what do you guys like to wear for a helmet.  I use a full face now.  BUt I'm thinking about converting to a open face helmet, with some goggles.  I just hear they are better to wear.  And I want to try something new.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I went to an open face snocross style with goggles this year and love it. It is lighter on your head, gives you more side vision, and the only time I have had fogging problems is when I stop and it is very slight fog. I kept my modular helmet to wear if it gets real real cold out since i have not had a chance to test my open face in really cold conditions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a modular. no fogging at all and shades all in one unit. the only problem i have is that i keep on forgetting my shades so when i take my helmet off its way bright out:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use a Troy Lee D2 open face with googles.I just prefer this over a closed face thats all.Have not had problems with fogging unless at a stanstill for a while.When its cold I were a mask that covers my lower face.Plus I have duc-taped the front vents shut.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I use a full face now, but will be trying that new dual purpose lid next year. Combo, open face that converts to a full face for them cold days. Speaking of Combos, some McDonalds would be yummy right about now

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (02SnoPro @ Mar. 07, 2002, 6:15pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I use a Troy Lee D2 open face with googles.I just prefer this over a closed face thats all.Have not had problems with fogging unless at a stanstill for a while.When its cold I were a mask that covers my lower face.Plus I have duc-taped the front vents shut.[/b][/quote]
Is that a real carbon fiber helmet?  Where did you get it?  I really like the style of it.  What is the typical amount you spend on a open face?  Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I wear a full face helmet, but always ride with the shield up with sunglasses on 90% of the time, unless its really cold out, I like the fresh air.....I've thought about the open face with goggles but I was concerned about fogging, I guess today's goggles are pretty good, so maybe it would be worth a try??
DooZ....  

·
Registered
84 Posts
To 02MXZ600, yes its real carbon fiber.The helmet is super light but is not intended for motorized usage.Its geared towards Downhill mountain bikers & such but you cant tell me those guys dont go fast & may hit hard objects like trees.

Anyway I bought it on clearance for $260 last year at www.jensonusa.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have yet to find an open face helmet in 3x so I have been stuck with full face. I think you can get the modular helmets in 3x so I might be looking for one of those next year!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Full face cat TXi for now and love it!  I also have a sno-x styple I use when it warms up which is nice too.  If I had to choose between the two though I would go with a good quality full face....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wear a HJC sno cross helmet with Smith Warp goggles. I used a pair of Oakley motocross goggles part of last year, big mistake. You need to buy a good pair of double lensed snow goggles or they will fog up and freeze.  

·
Registered
151 Posts
I use a HJC CL 11 helmet.  Im gonna switch next year for a modeler.  Modeler helmets are the best.  I used my friends and it was amazing.  Not one bit of fog it was comfortable and i like the sunglasses

·
Registered
483 Posts
I use Arctic Cat TXi fullface, has removable visor,and gasket that goes around nose/eyes to prevent fogging. I've tried Bombardier modular, but didn't like the way rubber mask fit,found it too restrictive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
well im geting older and my vison not so good aney more so
I have a full face i cant stand it

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I've used a HJC CL10 for about 6 years now. I really can't see using an open face when it's cold. Even with the duct tape & balaclava, how enjoyable is riding in -40* wearing a open face?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I bought a Modular this year.  I love it!  Has anyone had trouble with the mask on these?  My mask broke yesterday for no aparent reason.
   If anyone is looking for a helmet or two I have two Lazer Ski-Doo helmets with bags.  Email me if interested.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Helmets!!?? You guys wear helmets??  No thanks, Just a fur bomber cap and sunglasses for me....

When I actually get out of the house, I usually wear a snowcross style with goggles, though.  I still have my full face helmet for those really cold days, but have not used it yet this year...  I like wearing my MX style helmet 10 times more than the full face.. better visibility, lighter feeling.. and with the proper headwear and the front vent duct taped, it is pretty warm, too... Also it fogs up a little when I have been stopped for a while, but what helmet doesn't??  My full face helmet was way worse for fogging, and my goggles only take about 10 seconds of riding to clear up... cant say that for a face shield.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts