Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is flood control?  I got it three times already today.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
its a 25 sec time out period for the thread in which you are replying to, so the server wont get bogged down with too much posting traffic, I guess thats the reason behind it.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
So if you wanna hit that 500 posts mark, it will take you, let's see, 26 seconds X 500 posts, um, pi r , uh, carry the 1, um, cosine, ah, 13000 seconds minimum guaranteed.  That's 3.6 hours of constant posting.  Hope you got lots to say!

·
Registered
858 Posts
That explains why I have difficulty posting, Paul Yarek is always on the board  

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Flood Control, in a nut shell, prevents people from flooding the forums. This is useful in two ways:

1. It prevents someone from continuously hitting the reply or post button, over and over, until their post encompasses the entire first page of the forum. Without flood control, someone could post a nasty topic, then keep hitting the post or reply buttons, quickly filling the forums up with same post. Flood Control makes this a little harder to do.

2. It prevents forum spamming from bots. If a prog bot attempts to spam the forums, only the first post would actually get through, if it does at all. Subsequent posts would error out due to the flood control. Since it takes much more effort to spam the forums using flood control, most bot owners just head over to another one that is an easier target.

--
Flood control is a 25 second delay that prevents all users from making another post or reply. Once users make a reply or post, the 25 second timer begins. After 25 seconds, users are allowed to post or reply again.

If you think about it, it should take you about that long just to re-read your initial post, then go over to the forum or topic that you want to make another reply or post.

Only Admins and Moderators can avoid flood control. If you are a Moderator and are having issues with flood control, PM me immediately.

If Flood Control seems to be an issue for users, please respond here so we can either shorten the delay or figure something else out.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts