Snowmobile World banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I traded my 700MXZ for a summitX 800 then I stepped up and got a ZR 800. Dont tell me that the ZX rides better cause I know from 15000 miles in the past 3 years.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Dont get me wrong I have nothing against Ski-Doo I just prefer the ride and power of Cat right now. And I think that Ski-Doo has also noticed that the AWS works better than trailing arm suspention and that is probably the most noticable improvement that you will find in the rev. The sad thing is that Cat owners have had the best handling sleds for more than 20 years because they held the pattent on wishbone suspention and now that it has expired everyone is allowed to make production models using AWS. I call it AWS because that is what is is regardless what sled it is on. The new REV with AWS does look good.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
They are keeping Zx because #1 all people will not initially like the style of Rev. #2 because the Rev is not in a mountain chassis yet, so doo has to give people a renegade and mountain choice or they lose sales in these groups. You do not see a Snopro Mountain sled yet now, Do YOU!     I also have heard a lot of people that were gonna buy an F-5 or F-7 are covering up their tracks(with kitty litter) and are holding back because of sweeping changes to the Sno-Pro which the consumers addition needs but may not get on their F- series.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm not sure why Bombardier didn't longtracked the Rev yet, some were racing and winning at hillcross this year. I doo agree with Sharkey that the zx chassis is there for people who don't like the new style and ridding position, Bombardier are just making sure that they can satisfy as many customers as possible, I just hope it turns out beter than the twin 800's of past years.

Sled-head, If Cat had the patent of wishbone susp. for the last 20 yrs then why did doo had it on late 80's, early 90's safari linup?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've been a skidoo guy since '94 & still will be. But the REV will not be for the long distance cruises. Its just going to be a hotdog sled, like we need more of those on the trails!!!! I can ride fast when I want to, but still cruise comfy on my zx M10. My choice for 2003 is RX1, as far as same old stuff machzzzz you are wrong. The motor is in the bottom of the pan, & tilted over the bulkhead with the mass much better distributed than your beloved ck3 that you say is as good as a zx.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You may be right about the motor and how its positioned but your wrong about the long crusies on the REV.  It is by far the most comfy machine i have ever sat on.  No longer does it feel like your back is in a arc.  You sit upright just like on a atv.  Its great.  

As for the CK3 and ZX well thats prefrence.  I like the CK3 because you sit back and reclined unlike the zx which forces you to be right up at the front of the machine but unlike the REV your still sitting in the same position.  I can honestly say that i can corner flatter on my CK then on my ZX.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If your Mach Z handles better than a ZX than that sums it right up. The MachZ is known as the worst handling sled on the snow(maybe the fastest). Some people are so brand loyal that they dont even realize that they are being under sold. From my point of view the ZR is the best all around sled and like I said before Doo and Yammy have already droped the pro action and DSA like a rock(last year they told you it was the best hmmm  
). I hope for doo's sake that the rev works better than their 800 because if it doesnt??? (we all know thair recall history).

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I might be in the market for a new sled next year also,but no efis must be a 600 perf machine and I am not to crazy about the rear end of the rev.From the looks of it that kind of boils it down to one manufacturer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So what are you guys telling me to buy. I think this turned into more of a battle between Ski-doo riders to see what chassis rides better. Well, if I bought a Ski-doo I guess I could goin the fight.  

·
Registered
546 Posts
how can one say that the RX-1 is so sweet?
there testing was on the prototype and yes it was nice but what will the production sleds do? no one can say because they are not on the snow yet.
i have a friend that traded a 2001 xcr800 in for one and i hope he's not disappointed, but i think we all remember not all that long ago about the viper hype and the disappointment in power from the demo to the prodution model.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, we have gone from Ski-Doo to Yammy just like that.  

·
Registered
546 Posts
ZRT600mntcat, you appearantly have no idea of there performance in saying that.
this top has come up on this site and there are a few people that have first hand experience at spanking them.
and i'm not talking 800 triples either.
if memory serves mxz800 and dooman both raced them or have seen them race and posted about all the wasted hype for there performance.
i will dig up the post for you to check out.

·
Registered
546 Posts
The post is in the race forum on dec.19 2001, called do i have a prayer by jwheeler.
so unless there lieing you have no clue.
I am also not saying its junk, i am saying its not what the manufacturer(yamaha) said it would be.
Not even close

21 - 33 of 33 Posts